Joke thread

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gentlemen please no more ;);) or we risk falling into a cycle from which there is only one way out and that my friends is rarely spoken about because it is tiresome and somewhat middle of the road in a pedestrian sort of way . Now if you will excuse me , i am off to polish my chopper :eek:

Gentlemen please no more ;);) or we risk falling into a cycle from which there is only one way out and that my friends is rarely spoken about because it is tiresome and somewhat middle of the road in a pedestrian sort of way . Now if you will excuse me , i am off to polish my chopper :eek:
Oh wheelie spoke too soon...

On yer bike...

With bells on

My dad was foreman of a department in a factory. He had an arrangement with the stores foreman for dealing with gobby new teenagers who knew it all. He would send them to the stores to ask for a "long stand".
They did it to me as well. I told my mate at college, so well primed, when he was told to go to the paint shop where he worked for a long stand by the gaffer, he told him where to go in no uncertain terms - for which he received a clip round the ear and some one to one instruction in Anglo-Saxon descriptive prose. It turned out the paint shop really did have stands made up for work in three heights off the floor - short, medium and long...

1643150639238.png

I knew a retired colliery bricklayer who when an apprentice hadn't noticed his gaffer was a lefty. Gaffer sent 'Prentice to the colliery store to get a left handed trowel. Smart Alec apprentice refused to go. Funny thing, after the "lesson" that came next he never forgot bricklayer's trowels are 'handed' (brick cutting edge), never argued about going to the stores, still hadn't forgotten the lesson....

Young lad fresh out of college turns up at work for his first day. The miserable old g** of a foreman hands him a broom and tells him to sweep the floor.

Young lad: But, but I'm a graduate engineer!

Foreman: Ah, yes. Let me show you how.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back