Joke thread

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_2823.jpg

Morrisey was the front man of the band The Smiths.
"Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" is a song by the English rock band the Smiths. Released as a single in May 1984, it reached No. 10 on the UK Singles Chart, ...

Flowers were part of The Smiths' visual aesthetic and the shrubbery most commonly associated with the group was the gladiolus
🤓

Morrisey was the front man of the band The Smiths.
"Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now" is a song by the English rock band the Smiths. Released as a single in May 1984, it reached No. 10 on the UK Singles Chart, ...

Flowers were part of The Smiths' visual aesthetic and the shrubbery most commonly associated with the group was the gladiolus
🤓
On topic :)
https://newsthump.com/2017/11/21/so...-was-a-time-when-morrissey-wasnt-a-pineapple/
Edit: FFS. The naughty word filter on the forum breaks the URL by changing a word to pineapple 🤦‍♂️. Open the link, and change 'pineapple' to the word that starts with a 't' and ends with a 'wat'.

My dad was foreman of a department in a factory. He had an arrangement with the stores foreman for dealing with gobby new teenagers who knew it all. He would send them to the stores to ask for a "long stand".

I had that on a work experience week. Miserable jaded old sod sent me to stores for the traditional long stand. I turned up at stores, told the it was my first day of a work experience week and who'd sent me, and asked if there was somewhere quiet I could sit and read my book. Went again the other days; on my last day the stores guys (lovely people) presented me with a long stand they'd built from scrap odds and ends.

The miserable old sod was not amused, strangely. But I got a lot of reading done.

I had that on a work experience week. Miserable jaded old sod sent me to stores for the traditional long stand. I turned up at stores, told the it was my first day of a work experience week and who'd sent me, and asked if there was somewhere quiet I could sit and read my book. Went again the other days; on my last day the stores guys (lovely people) presented me with a long stand they'd built from scrap odds and ends.

The miserable old sod was not amused, strangely. But I got a lot of reading done.
My planned vocation was to go to agricultural college and become a farmer after enjoying working on a farm for most of my teens, but my Dad persuaded me that a career as an Marine Engineer Officer in the Merchant Navy was more lucrative. I caved and accepted a cadetship with Esso and after 2 years in college I went on my first (and last) trip only to be warned on my first day onboard not to go with anybody who offered to help me look for the 'golden rivet'. 6 months later I resigned and joined ICL as a trainee computer engineer and never looked back (or had to..). In my 50's we bought some land and I'm now a smallholder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back