Joke thread

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In France one year the couple on the next table went through the menu and asked what was this item then and der what is this and again der and so on as we left the waiter brought a second table to sit alongside theirs then produced two of each meal.

I think it lost in translation

Years ago I was in Czechoslovakia (as it was then called) with a friend and we were in a restaurant where we shared no common language with the waiter and had no clue what anything on the menu meant. However the menu was divided into 3 sections so, being smart people, we concluded this was starters, main courses and desserts. No problem, pick 1 item at random from each section and order 2 of those, 2 of those and 2 of those. It turned out the 3 sections were the cheap menu, the normal menu and the top of the range menu, so we had ordered 3 full meals each. Ho hum ... we made a valiant effort at eating it all.

AEE4D828-45D5-40DD-AA27-CF6EBD2B0624.jpeg

The idea that the Daily Fail had a "science" correspondent is a joke in its own right ;)

Missed that.
He's went on to become Political Editor then PR adviser at J&H Comms. Ex head of comms at HM Treasury and chief of staff at DeXEU. Look where "working" at the DM can get you. ....
Strangley enough he is pro indy, anti brex despite being at DeXEU and anti BJ.

Facebook have DeWalt 745 table saws for £100...

Bargain! Not that you would ever see the saw!!

Missed that.
He's went on to become Political Editor then PR adviser at J&H Comms. Ex head of comms at HM Treasury and chief of staff at DeXEU. Look where "working" at the DM can get you. ....
Strangley enough he is pro indy, anti brex despite being at DeXEU and anti BJ.
"and anti BJ" took me a minute to work out what strange sort of a man this was.

Well that’s good we’ve established the level of humour that appeals on here!

Re the level of humour: Definitely! ("Let it (be) mammeries" - last time I tried to use the real word "the system" changed it to something innocuous - it still doesn't like "barsteward" files either)!

Seasons Greetings to one and all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back