Joke thread

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(And you most probably get Tunbridge Wells or Humph either mate - guessing)

Not forgetting the man on the Clapham omnibus.

Here I thought my education was complete having watched Benny Hill, On the Busses, The Two Ronnies, Fawlty Towers, and Monty Python's Flying Circus.

Lots more homework needed. A few to start you off.
Beyond our Ken
Round the Horne
The Navy Lark
The Clitheroe Kid
Hancock's Half Hour
Men From the Ministry
Floggits
Stop Messin' About
Yes Minister
Doctor at Large
Steptoe & Son

& some older ones,

Life With The Lyons
Educating Archie
The Glumms
Whacko
Its That Man Again
Much Binding In The Marsh
Parsly Sidings
Will Hay Programme
The Goon Show
Spike Milligan - Hitler, My Part In His Downfall
Spike Milligan - Mussolini, His Part In My Downfall
Al Reed
Bentine
Ted Ray

Just think how much more they would sell if they gave the husband a comfy chair and a cold beer whilst he waited !
Sad, Iain Pattinson died a few months ago, his obituary in the telegraph was full of the double entendres he wrote for Humph, so very dry witted and clever. Ian
I used to stop at a very pleasant tourist trap on the east side of the A9 somewhere between Perth and Inverness (locals will know the one).

Next to the restaurant there was a lounge with an open fire, comfortable but elderly-looking armchairs and sofas, plenty of 'country' mags. on a table. It was obviously intended (and used) as a place for ladies to park their husbands while they spent an hour or so touring the shopping areas. Always struck me as excellent marketing.

It is still there, and has become very popular. I hope it hasn't changed too much.

Frank

Much as I liked Milligan I never found the Goons remotely funny.
I agree. Peter Sellers was also very funny, IMO, but The Goons didn't even make me smile.
You two are just boring old farts ;). I liked the Goon Show - but for me I'm Sorry I'll Read That Again was the ultimate radio comedy.

And I have to say, Felicity Kendal did it for me too.

Cheers, Vann.

Actually, talking of ISIHAC and the like, I really did enjoy the puns, spoonerisms and not-so-hidden double meanings. I suppose it was part of "growing up"....
That said, I have an confession to make.
Out and about in my teens and early twenties, my old dad used to say "Be good. And if you can't be good, be careful".
I must've heard that hundreds of times, and every time my reply would've been "OK. I will... 'Bye"
(To give you a timescale here, my dad died in 1985)

Move forward to (maybe) only 10 years ago, and I mentioned these events to my wife of 37 years.
She stared at me.
"You do know what he meant, don't you...?"

In all those years, it had never dawned on me....

Sorry, Dad!

(Above): Doesn't look like a secret to me (assuming that I've recognised Vittorio correctly - 2nd from L. Little bloke too!).

In the same vein as some previous posts (and with thanks to the still much-lamented Humph & co):

Testiculate - violently waving yer arms about while spouting a load of balls

Masticulate - self-pleasuring while simultaneously chewing gum

Diode - deathbed poem

Why don't they eat french fries in Wiltshire?
Because they have no Devizes for Chippenham
Decorum - what they do to de apples before cooking 'em.

Reactions: AES
Looking at that list reminded me of how much I used to roll around the floor watching those old films that Will Hay did during "the war". A much underated comedian, such a shame he died so soon after. What a team he and Norman Wisdom would have been on TV

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back