Joke thread

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To do with the properties of the wood isnt it. To cure infection...down there...

What is interesting is how that was twisted with no doubt some individual claiming he/she saw that person flying about on it, which has led to the idea of witches and broomsticks, when the true of it is a medicinal herbology cure.
Another interesting line on the was that is twisted to brand someone a witch in the middle ages is the was the Pantomime Aladdin is racist, or bigoted rather.
The magician - of middle eastern origin, flies about on a magic carpet.
This idea is also middle age in its origin, and again stems from some hate filled individual claiming he saw an Arab, or follower of Islam, on a carpet flying about, so must be 'of the devil' and ripe for burning at the stake.
Coincidental that the carpet is in fact a prayer mat ? :unsure:

Always found it funny that that seemingly innocent characterisation is lost on the average panto goer.
Haha, no it was coated in drugs to get an lsd type high, ergot or is it argot - it’s a mildew found on wheat I believe. Ian

52B5EC54-8F9F-4AAE-BE80-4162273E1AE2.jpeg

To do with the properties of the wood isnt it. To cure infection...down there...

What is interesting is how that was twisted with no doubt some individual claiming he/she saw that person flying about on it, which has led to the idea of witches and broomsticks, when the true of it is a medicinal herbology cure.
Another interesting line on the was that is twisted to brand someone a witch in the middle ages is the was the Pantomime Aladdin is racist, or bigoted rather.
The magician - of middle eastern origin, flies about on a magic carpet.
This idea is also middle age in its origin, and again stems from some hate filled individual claiming he saw an Arab, or follower of Islam, on a carpet flying about, so must be 'of the devil' and ripe for burning at the stake.
Coincidental that the carpet is in fact a prayer mat ? :unsure:

Always found it funny that that seemingly innocent characterisation is lost on the average panto goer.
Another thought; maybe the sight of an accused 'witch' on a ducking stool gave the impression of 'riding a broomstick' ?

Prince Andrew is being threatened with legal action in America. In a court.
Emma Raducanu played tennis on a court, in America.
...and some fell on stony ground....
Thanks John, but never heard of her, probably 'cos I don't like tennis, watch very little TV ,don't read newspapers nor listen to news!
Ps. I don't get out much either - too busy building (model) ships.!

Stuart

Thanks John, but never heard of her, probably 'cos I don't like tennis, watch very little TV ,don't read newspapers nor listen to news!
Ps. I don't get out much either - too busy building (model) ships.!

Stuart
Don't worry about it, I doubt she's heard of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back