Joke thread

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
st.jpg

Jeez watching them on stage will be like witnessing the march of the Ents to war

I bought a dictionary the other day.
Out of interest, I looked up the word "dictionary".
The explanation was "This is one".....

I looked up the word "Grumpy" and it was a photograph of me.

Stupid dictionary ...............

The Marine Drill Instructor noticed a new recruit and barked at him, "Get your ass over here! What's your name?"

"Paul" - the new recruit replied.

"Look, I don't know what kind of bleeding-heart pansy bullshit they're teaching in boot camp today, but I don't call anyone by his first name," - the sergeant scowled. "It breeds familiarity, and that leads to a breakdown in authority. I refer to my recruits by their last names only - Smith, Jones, Baker… I am to be referred to only as 'Sergeant.' Do I make myself clear?!"

"Yes, sir, Sergeant!"

"Now that we've got that straight, what's your last name?"

The recruit sighed "Darling, My name is Paul Darling."

"Okay, Paul, here's what I want you to do ..."

I remember being about thirteen, in school in an English lesson. A lad put his hand up and said please sir, what does obnoxious mean? The reply - Obnoxious? Obnoxious is what you are, Williams - look it up!
I once asked my mum for the definition of "contagious".

"Remember when I asked your father to paint the fence?", she sighed. "It took the contagious".

Two drunks after a late night lock-in at a pub, realise they have missed the last bus home.

"No problem", said the first, "the bus depot is just down the road. Let's steal one and drive it home".
"Won't we get into trouble?" asked the second.
"Look, if you're scared, you stay at the gate and keep watch while I nip inside. It should only take a couple of minutes".

They creep down to the depot and the first drunk sneaks inside, while the second keeps watch at the gate. Time drags on and he gets more and more anxious. Every now and then he hears a diesel engine start up, rev for a minute or so and then switch off. After about 40 minutes the second drunk has bitten his fingernails down to the quick, as his mate drives a bus out the gateway into the road.
"Quick, hop on!" shouts the first drunk.
"What took you so long?" said the second.
"Hey, it wasn't my fault they parked the number 15 at the back of the garage was it!" replied the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back