Joke 23/2/2012

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blister

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
An elderly man is stopped by the police around 2 a.m.,

and is asked where he is going at this time of night.

The man replies, "I am on my way to a lecture about alcohol abuse, and the effects it has on the human body, as well as smoking and staying out late."

The officer says, "Really at 2 am ? who will be giving a lecture at this time of night?"

The man replies,

" The wife."

Great!! Like it.

Now this is a true story. An IBM engineer friend who was on standby and was going from one call to another in the Welsh valleys.

Time, about 3 in the morning. He was stopped by a copper and asked where he was going. He said that he didn't know.. The copper asked " you don't know. why don't you know?". Reply " I can't pronounce it". Copper "OK, where have you come from. Reply "I have no idea 'cause I can't pronounce that either!" The copper just told him to sod off back to England :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Just about, and it's not just me. I was looking at some pamphlets the other day for local tourist attractions, at least one third carried the info, 'Please ignore sat nav instructions they will lead you.....'

Roy.

Yep! You can turn that off can't you? :lol:
One of the problems here is that place names are still a matter for discussion, there are three routes into one village, and the signs spell the name differently in each direction! Also just about every other village is Pen-Y-Bont. Lord knows what a Sat Nav would make of it.

Roy.

Back