Jointers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Although I promised my wife I wouldn't be buying any more power tools for a while (after the DeWalt Thicknesser), my planer has just gone up in clouds of white smoke and so I am looking at buying a reasonably priced jointer.

Ones in my price range (following the above expense) seem to be Ferm, Rexon and Perform (I have discarded Nutool as an option after seeing other appends here). Does anyone have here have any first hand experience with these or pointers as to what features I should look for?

P.S. the thicknesser is amazing, it planed 7 inch wide pieces of Iroko with ease.

I have the Nu-Tool jointer and I highly regard it.

You can read 2 reviews of budget planers on this website. My Nu-Tool Jointer and also The Perfom one (Which is identical to the Rexon)

You can also buy gigger floor standing ones from axminster

I read the 2 reviews and couldn't make a decision! which is why I posted. I'd love to have a floor standing one, but insufficient room I am afraid. I'll take another look at the Nutool review. Thanks.

I have a Rexon which looks identical to the Perform - I'm happy with it. I used to have a Nutools thicknesser & it was awful, so I now have a jaundiced opinion of Nutools

Delta thicknesser is absolutely great from initial impressions. Once I get a new motherboard for my web server :shock: , I'll post a review. Only slight issue is that its noisy, but I expected that coz its a brushed motor rather than induction.

It might be a week or so for the review coz my wife has me laying 60 sq. m. of ceramic floor tiles. After all what else are vacations for :?

I've decided to go for the Perform (don't think the wife was too impressed though). Still, its ordered, I'll let you know how I get on.

Cracking tool :D

One hour after receiving the tool I had set it up and had run the edges of 8 planks through (after testing on some scrap). As the review says they all sit together flush and I'm just off to biscuit them together.

Depth control is very nice. Setting the fence to 90 degrees wasn't too onerous, but I am not sure I would want to keep adjusting it for different angles though.

P.S. I have a spare piece - it is a 6"x2"x1" (approx) rectangular aluminium section. Anyone know what it is for? It wasn't refered to in the instructions.

Oh yes, I forgot to mention, the dust extraction is so good I had to empty the vacum 3 times while doing the above (and I can see the floor of my workshop - shock, horror)

Latest posts

Back