Jointer Planer Info. needed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donwatson

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,
I am a new member here, so I will say thanks for looking.
I was given an Axminster Power Tool Company (APTC) planer recently.
The only details I have are from the small plate on the side of the machine as follows :
Model No. C1 - 152 ?
Serial No. 391561
MAG.DATE 1996 01
I am looking for a manual for this machine.
I have placed 2 pics of the machine bits.

sept29 004.jpg

sept29 001.jpg

The second point is the hole at the front of the table, is that for a jig/fixture thing that holds the wood against the vertical fence ?
thanks for looking, I am sure someone here can help.

take care
Don W

Attachments

• sept29 001.jpg
    sept29 001.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 199
  • sept29 004.jpg
    sept29 004.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 216
Hi Don

That is the same as the current CT1502, and as Kirk says, pretty much a generic Taiwanese import. Axminster have manuals as downloads on the website. The hole on the front ledge is for a "pork chop" style, sprung loaded guard. Personaly I think these are better than the new Euro style bridge guards now fitted. All in all a pretty decent machine within its design capabilities.

good luck

Richard

@chrisbaker42 I did call Axminster, but they reckoned the machine was too out of date to give any reliable information on.
To be fair it was probably sales and not the Technical Department.
@kirkpoore1 I have downloaded the 2 PDF's and will have a look through them after the weekend.
@Richard Thanks for that, I have already downloaded that manual when I first went on the Axminster site for help.
I reckoned it looked very much the same. It seems to be a well built, sturdy piece of Cast Iron and I look forward to using it.
Thanks All

take care
Don W

Hi Don,

This is an early CT150. Would you like a copy of the manual? I have it here as a PDF. If so, please PM me your email address.

Thanks

Richard.

Back