Jointer plane

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simuk

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

Looking to buy a try plan. Cant afford a new one so going go the second hand way. Has anyone got any tips what to look out for and an idea of what is a reasonable price. This will remain in the workshop.

Thanks

Simon

waterhead37":2wth14dp said:
Ray Iles does reconditioned planes
Seconded. Unfettled but clean ones were going from between £50-£90 at the Wood Fair today, but how that equates to the all powerful 'Bay I don't know.

Cheers, Alf

Alf":3m5sz42i said:
waterhead37":3m5sz42i said:
Seconded. Unfettled but clean ones were going from between £50-£90 at the Wood Fair today, but how that equates to the all powerful 'Bay I don't know.

Cheers, Alf
Oh, so what did we buy??? Come on. Is it really gloating when someone asks :lol: ...

Alf":2yxsbx03 said:
waterhead37":2yxsbx03 said:

Cheers, Alf

Come on Alf, I bet you can't get one over on Philly

Ach, nothing to speak of. Just a Preston mitre (miter, Mike) template and Rob Cosman's Advanced Dovetails DVD from Mike Hancock. I did pause to drool over some goodies though, so some piccies to follow.

Cheers, Alf

Alf":3bsiv6uf said:
Ach, nothing to speak of. Just a Preston mitre (miter, Mike) template and Rob Cosman's Advanced Dovetails DVD from Mike Hancock. I did pause to drool over some goodies though, so some piccies to follow.
Cheers, Alf
Gosh, sometimes I just feel like a dumb American when things have to explained to me :lol:

Can't wait for the pics.

Dina (my wife) is deciding whether we are leaving for the weekend or going to an estate sale that mentioned old tools...ain't it great she is as bad as I am? :lol: :lol: :lol: All I have to do is sit back and wait. It'll be the rust hunt for sure :wink:

Well, I think Marples templates go around 20-25 quid, so a Preston ought to be around double that.

All prices @ dealers.

BugBear

In that case I was lucky; it was in the £5 bargain box. Mind you a) usually my idea of a bargain box if 20p, and b) I didn't actually need it. :oops:

Cheers, Alf

Ooo, is that like MikeW's avatar?
I bought one of them off of eBay a while back. Can't remember the make off the top of my head. I just liked the look of it. :?
Wasn't even sure what it was used for until I saw the Veritas version and went "Oh, so that's how you use it". :idea:

Latest posts

Back