Joinery pencil

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
woodbloke66":ym0xdj8o said:
Trevanion":ym0xdj8o said:
It really depends on what you're making, if you're making really fine joinery and furniture you need a finer mark but if all you do is make doors and windows or even bog standard kitchens you don't need something so fine.
Yup, marking knife for joints etc and a 4H for other stuff where it's not quite so crucial, plus a normal HB for rough marking out. I use a thin, black biro for marking out dovetails. I'so got a couple of 0.7mm Rotring clutch pencils from WH for sketching - Rob

Do you not have trouble seeing a 4H? Admittedly, my eyesight isnt great but there are times (and timbers) where I can barely see a 2H. Agree with the biro, I've used biro on and off for the last 20 years...mainly due to losing pencils but they do make an excellent alternative.
Rotring pencil looks nice.

scooby":2g6p336i said:
woodbloke66":2g6p336i said:
Do you not have trouble seeing a 4H?

I personally never did but everyone I worked with hated the marks I made with a 4H pencil when I used to use one daily, I managed to keep that pencil for a whole year before it eventually wore down to nothing!

For everyone else's sake, I only use 2H, HB or the Biro now. I got tired of people giving me dodgy looks :)

Latest posts

Back