John the woodbutcher.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi guys and Gals, this is my first ever post on any forum anywhere. I need a little help and I am hoping someone out there has the answer to my query. Yesterday, I bought a combination woodworking machine like no other I've seen. I have checked the internet and there is no mention of this machine anywhere, even on the manufacturers website. Very strange. This machine is a WMW Heckert 'Homemaster' work station. It is made to a very high standard of workmanship, way above the norm. It has a Planer, Table Saw, Grinder and a Drill Chuck on the same spindle as the planer head. Made of aluminium casting painted machine green (Same ish as a Wadkin for example) and, despite it's size 50x25x25cm, it weighs at least 40Kg. Very heavy. If I knew how to put some photos up on the forum, I would. Has anyone out there got any idea about it or where I can get any info on it please. It is East German according to its name WMW Heckert, and I reckon circa 1989 or earlier. I have used the planer without a guard and it is really very good, scary but good. it hasn't been switched on for the very minimum of five years and works perfectly. Any suggestions please would be greatly appreciated. I will have some photos for inclusion by tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

Hi John and welcome to posting. i think you need 3 before all the ammenities of the forum are available to you but looking forward to seeing some pics once you can. The machine sounds interesting

Hi John, welcome.

I really want to see what this thing looks like now. So intrigued.

I was going to suggest emailing them to me and I'd post the pictures for you.

But pretty sure that's against the forums T&C.

I did a google and WMW Heckert are quite a big machine making company.
Drills, milling machines, lathes and even CNC. All metal however so likely been a long time since they did wood machines. Nothing I could find in that direction. I would also like to see some pictures if they can be sorted out.
Regards
John

Hi guys and Gals, this is my first ever post on any forum anywhere. I need a little help and I am hoping someone out there has the answer to my query. Yesterday, I bought a combination woodworking machine like no other I've seen. I have checked the internet and there is no mention of this machine anywhere, even on the manufacturers website. Very strange. This machine is a WMW Heckert 'Homemaster' work station. It is made to a very high standard of workmanship, way above the norm. It has a Planer, Table Saw, Grinder and a Drill Chuck on the same spindle as the planer head. Made of aluminium casting painted machine green (Same ish as a Wadkin for example) and, despite it's size 50x25x25cm, it weighs at least 40Kg. Very heavy. If I knew how to put some photos up on the forum, I would. Has anyone out there got any idea about it or where I can get any info on it please. It is East German according to its name WMW Heckert, and I reckon circa 1989 or earlier. I have used the planer without a guard and it is really very good, scary but good. it hasn't been switched on for the very minimum of five years and works perfectly. Any suggestions please would be greatly appreciated. I will have some photos for inclusion by tomorrow. Thanks in advance.

Hi John,

This is my first post too! I came across your post as I'm in exactly the same position with the same bit of kit. I was given the saw by my grandfather-in-law, and I can't find any information about it.

I've emailed WMW to see if they can help.

Did you find anything?

Thanks
Saul

20220501_140356040_iOS.jpg
20220501_140414602_iOS.jpg

Attachments

• 20220501_140146896_iOS.jpg
    20220501_140146896_iOS.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 38
  • 20220501_140327413_iOS.jpg
    20220501_140327413_iOS.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 20220501_140336627_iOS.jpg
    20220501_140336627_iOS.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 38
  • 20220501_140346384_iOS.jpg
    20220501_140346384_iOS.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 20220501_140914545_iOS.jpg
    20220501_140914545_iOS.jpg
    282.3 KB · Views: 38
That's the one off eBay!

Nice...

Without the red blade!!

How much did you pay for it?

I couldn't work work out how big it is!!

I haven't paid anything for it... I decided to take it off eBay...

the saw table is about 500x500. It's very heavy.

Would be great to have a manual.

Well at least we now know it was made by an east german company, probably specifically for export to bring in some real currency.

Interesting design. Apart from the table saw arbor, there are 3 other spindles. One for the drill, one for the grinding wheel
and what would the third one be for?
A tilting table top is always a bit of a hassle on table saws. Also, a .75 KW motor would have a hard time ripping anything thicker than an inch.

Interesting design. Apart from the table saw arbor, there are 3 other spindles. One for the drill, one for the grinding wheel
and what would the third one be for?
A tilting table top is always a bit of a hassle on table saws. Also, a .75 KW motor would have a hard time ripping anything thicker than an inch.
I can confirm the tilting table is a pain…especially with those knurled knobs so close together…
When you remove the table, there is a 200mm planer below, which is the last spindle.
I’ve only used it to rip small stock until now. There’s no depth adjustment for the blade so you wouldn’t be cutting anything too thick anyway.

Latest posts

Back