John McGuinness' TT insane onboard camera

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
good god, that bit towards the end!!!! AMAZING! How fast would he be going at that point?

Also, the track is clearly a closed road, but there is still a lot of houses. Can you imagine if a cat or something stumbled onto the road? .. or even wildlife??!

I guess there is a lot of transplant operations taking place these past 2 weeks
A chap from my home town has just been killed there

transatlantic":awddd21f said:
good god, that bit towards the end!!!! AMAZING! How fast would he be going at that point?

Sulby Straight. They'll be hitting 200mph down there.

Pete

gregmcateer":37tgch8p said:
Frank S":37tgch8p said:
WOW !!! I now need a lie down in a darkened room.

Can I join you, please!?! :shock:

Well! I personally have nothing against public displays of affection, but perhaps you'd like to take this to private messages :wink:

Pete

Bale":26jky8pe said:
gregmcateer":26jky8pe said:
Frank S":26jky8pe said:
WOW !!! I now need a lie down in a darkened room.

Can I join you, please!?! :shock:

Well! I personally have nothing against public displays of affection, but perhaps you'd like to take this to private messages :wink:

Pete
I also think that my wife would object, especially as you are a gorgeous blonde with a fantastic figure !!

Dunlops film is far more like real life.
can't take a thing from McGuinness but the wide angle and after effects (or fixed focus lens, not sure which) make it look way faster than it was (it was still fast).

scary as hell and wonderful to watch. :)

oh and I've still got a video somewhere (those things with tape in them) of steve hislop smashing the record in 94 I think.

I used to go to the TT every year for 30+ years and have ridden the "track" many times and at normal road speeds its pretty dodgy, I remember back in early 90's i had a RC30 and thought i was the next Joey D but came down to earth on mad sunday when i was overtaken on corner by 2 Germans on similar bikes BUT they didn't slacken off for the bends and it was like a computer game watching them disappear up the road. There is a video online of a rider showing off where his helmet actually scrapped on a gatepost for 3 laps without knocking him off lol he said he used the gate as a marker! his speed at that point was approx 160mph.
Brilliant place to visit if you like bikes but be prepared for accidents either racers or public

transatlantic":25dbaw53 said:

Also, the track is clearly a closed road, but there is still a lot of houses. Can you imagine if a cat or something stumbled onto the road? .. or even wildlife??!

Approaching 200mph. It's the Isle of Man TT. Paul Shoesmith lost his life this year because a dog ran out. 5 Died in total this year.

novocaine":1s50cxsy said:
Dunlops film is far more like real life.
can't take a thing from McGuinness but the wide angle and after effects (or fixed focus lens, not sure which) make it look way faster than it was (it was still fast).

scary as hell and wonderful to watch. :)

oh and I've still got a video somewhere (those things with tape in them) of steve hislop smashing the record in 94 I think.

It was 200mph on a public road through villages, how fast do you want it?

Latest posts

Back