John Mayall...

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good Lord! I remember going to see them when I was at Uni. They were indeed brilliant then. Didn't realise they were still going? :eek:

mailee":30hzrunl said:
Good Lord! I remember going to see them when I was at Uni. They were indeed brilliant then. Didn't realise they were still going? :eek:

Given the "model" of the bluesbreakers, they could keep going indefinitely!

BugBear

He did The Bear on Tuesday :)

Incidentally, looking at the Wikipedia page, it's no longer the Bluesbreakers, but the John Mayall Band.

I heard him with BB King at Cardiff in summer 2009, I've a vague memory that it was trailed as the Bluesbreakers then, although Wikipedia says it wasn't.

This lot are absolutely outstanding. Rocky Athas isn't Clapton, but then neither is Knopfler - different styles but still breathtaking musicianship, all of them.

One of my wife's work partners went to their gig in Basingstoke last night. I'm looking forward to hearing how it went.

S.

The first gig (I was only 9 when my sister dragged me along, against my will to see Cliff Richard, so that don't count :wink: ) I ever went to was to see them at De Montfort Hall in Leicester when I was about 15. Can't remember too much about it but I remember thinking they were pretty damn good at the time.

Dave

Back