John Elliott

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike.C

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I have always believed that if i am big enough to have a go at someone then if i am wrong i should be equally big enough to admit it and apologize to that person, and on this occasion i have wronged John and i should not have wished anything bad on him. John i hope you will accept this apology.

My only excuse is that i was and still am so pi--ed off with Axminster and i thought that some off you were accusing me of lying.

It was John's reminder of my post about my review that made me realise that most of you say what you mean and when i was cheesed off about that review you all supported me. So if i can accept your replies when they are good then i must accept them when they are bad even if i do not agree with them.

I think that the thing which frustrated me the most is i tried time after time to get it across to you all that my original contact with Axminster was to place an order and i only just mentioned the saw to them, this was not a complaint, and i did not even think about getting a replacement saw, i was just telling them that i believed there was a fault. But when they were flippant with me i then wished to make a complaint. And after pointing this out a number of times all that most of you said was that Axminster were not at fault in saying that the saw was out of warranty. I just could not understand why i could not get it across to you and why you did not think that Axminster should have checked this saw just in case it was faulty, because where one is faulty there maybe others, and the next time someone may get injured.

I have only gone over this again to show why i was upset, but i must admit that i was still wrong to treat John the way i did and i hope that John and i can leave this behind us.

Regards

Mike.C

Hi Mike
You just went up in my estimation with this last post.
It takes a big man to apologize. And I am sure that John will be happy to accept it.
One thing that I will remind you of is that the rejection you got from Axminster was from a telephone operator. Not Axminister and I have no doubt that if you go a little higher up the chain of command you will get a very different response. Although Axminster is responsible for its employees you shouldn't blame the whole company for the response of a telephone operator that was probably having a bad day for whatever reason. Employees can and often do give a company a bad name much to the disgust of the company by the way they react in certain circumstances, just as nice responses will push a company up a little higher in everyones estimation.

All the best

John

Hi Mike

I'm sure we all share your frustration with this tool and the way you have been treated. Whichever way this pans out, I hope it works out right for you.

All credit to you for this post.

Jeff

Mike

as said originally, I understand how you feel/felt the way things developed regarding axminster and the saw.

I also understand how it can cheese a person off when people miss your point.

Anyways, I hope you follow it up and Axminster respond appropiately.

Good luck

billzee

Hello Mike.C

Although in my view you were out of order speaking to john elliott the way you did, it takes a very brave man to admit (to what is basically the world) that he is wrong and apologize for it.
I think that you deserve a pat on the back for this post and i am sure that there will be many others who will reply with the same sort of post.

As you will gather from my replies yesterday i did understand what you were trying to get across to the other members, but you did not make it clear in your first post and i can only think that maybe some members were replying to that. But who am i to second guess them.

I do hope that you find success with Axminster.

Best Wishes

woodsman

Mike, what can I say, what a charming post , and such a delightful title too! I know all about frustration and where it can lead, having been there myself a quite a few times. I get cross too, for instance when my wife and I go shopping for electrical stuff she makes me go away when it comes time to pay and the salesman starts on about extended guarantees and stuff.
I think that the ocassional argumentette on a forum like this is quite OK, especially when it's sorted out as effectively as you have done
All the best
John

Nice one Mike!
Always makes me chuckle when a thread is locked down only to be picked up under a different title, but in this case it was a worthy thing to do.

Good for you, Mike. (I'm sure I've said that before...!) Hope you get a more satisfactory response from a higher-up bod at Axminster; you're quite right, a breaking saw blade could be an accident waiting to happen to someone else. :shock:

Cheers, Alf

Who doesn't usually chuckle when a locked thread is started elsewhere, but in this case it definitely resulted in a smile. :wink:

Hi All,

Alf. Aragorn, you are not going to believe this, but hand on heart it did not even enter to mind about starting the thread again. When John sent that last post i was ready to give him a piece of my mind in a PM, but then i thought what the hell are you doing, i can accept the good replys so i should accept the bad and if i couldn't do this i should not be leaving any posts, and so i just left the message.
I think that it is the Irish blood in me as i am a bit hot headed.

I won't pretend that i am not still cheesed off with Axminster, but as i tried to explain this is not because of any warranty it is because they would not take the fault in the saw seriously, and the only time the warranty was mentioned was when she flippantly said you have had it 13 months, but as johnjin said this might be operator and not Axminster themselves.

Anyway i am just going over old ground and i think that it is best to take your advice and write to the M.D.

John thanks for being understanding.

Tony, Billzee, Johnjin, woodsman, and jeff thank you all for your replys.

Regards

Mike.C

Blimey you guys blow me away ,i always say if 2 blokes have an argument 5 mins later their buyin eachother a pint if you argue with SWMBO she beats you over the head with it for the rest of your life :lol: .Anyhow i think its time for a group hug :shock:

Hi Mike

anobium punctatum":1zsk96gc said:
Anyhow i think its time for a group hug :shock:

Newbie_Neil":1zsk96gc said:
Hi AP, I think an "A" frame might be in order. :roll:

Mike.C":1zsk96gc said:
An "A" frame might be in order??????????

These links will explain it far more clearly than I ever could. :wink:

http://www.guyrules.com/club/club_vote_results_detail.php3?submit_id=1575

http://www.tops.org/ReadArticle.asp?articleId=1401

http://www.toddlertime.com/circlinglights/Expressionns/ExpPages/HugEtiquette.htm

Cheers
Neil

PS We need 4 hugs a day for survival. We need 8 hugs a day for maintenance. We need 12 hugs a day for growth —Virginia Satir, family therapist

Hi Neil

Thanks for that and I am glad to see that I wasn't the only one in the dark here. I was conjuring up all sorts of perversions and am now feeling most relieved.

All the best

John

Neil sorry i did not post a reply sooner was a tad worried about what a a frame was (some sort of bizarre sexual torture gizmo :shock: ) .Should have realised you only have bizarre fantasies about jet ww tools :lol:

Hi Neil
Back to Peterborough and my workshop on Sunday permanently :D
So these early mornings (from your perspective) will be left in your capable hands :wink:

All the best

John

Hi Neil,

I must admit you also had me woried there.

John i bet your over the moon at finally getting back to the sawdust ain't you?

Regards

Mike.C

Back