Joe Brown

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Gibbs

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone remember in which issue of Good Woodworking the singer Joe Brown was featured?

I am working on a piece about famous people who are or were also woodworkers. Any suggestions gratefully received, but for the moment I am trying to get hold of what I wrote about him!

Thanks

Nick

Don't qoute me but Sandi Toksvig and Jeremy Corbyn ring a bell but my middle aged isn't what it was.

Han Solo used to be chippy before he flew the millennium falcon.

Thanks. Things are getting better, mainly because I am finding a new way of living.

I am doing more woodworking, but more as therapy than as a living. So to give me a structure and to force me to get going for lack of time, I have become a Kitchen Porter in a local restaurant. I do six or eight hours a week washing up, which I have always enjoyed. It is hard work, so I have already lost a stone and am fitter. Before I leave of a morning i get into the shed for at least half an hour, and find it is remarkable how much can be done in a few minutes.

So I have become intrigued by people who have a passion for something, but a completely different line of work. Hence my interest in Joe Brown (and others), so thanks for the ideas.

I am still very keen to find the issue of GWW that has him on the cover as I want to use what I wrote as reference material.

Cheers

Nick

I believe a couple of US presidents were keen woodworkers. Jimmy Carter possibly? Or may have been Bill Clinton?

Worth checking out perhaps?

K

graduate_owner":266wnv8i said:
I believe a couple of US presidents were keen woodworkers. Jimmy Carter possibly? Or may have been Bill Clinton?

Worth checking out perhaps?

K
Jimmy Carter is definitely a keen woodworker and quite accomplished

I sent a copy of Living Woods to Jimmy Carter once, and received a nice hand-written reply. He was an under-rated President, poor man.

Thanks one and all.

Nick

Still haven't found this issue of GW though have we? I might have it in my loft, but I am no longer capable of getting up there!

Nick, I will ask my Son to get up there, when he comes over at the weekend.

Regards
John

Latest posts

Back