jigsaw puzzle

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

puzzler

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi
this is a photo I took on one of the few sunny days we had.
A4 size on 6mm birch ply 211 pieces

Attachments

• 005 (540x405).jpg
    005 (540x405).jpg
    235.5 KB · Views: 916
  • 006 (640x480).jpg
    006 (640x480).jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 916
Beautiful puzzle, but it sure is a baffler - like polar bear in a snowstorm. The blanket of flowers, I think, makes it even harder. I hope your eventual assemblers have a lot of patience.

Carter

I am always amazed when I see another creation of yours on the forum, such dedication and so beautifully made. I am hoping to aspire to your skill level one day puzzler and proudly display something I have made on here. If I may ask, how long do you sit at the scroll saw for in a single session. It has got to the stage with me now that when i go in for a session I have a large cup of coffee and several CDs and i am happy.

Thanks Carter, Ive always been an admirer of your line cutting and i will never be as prolific as you
Geoff I never spend more than an hour cutting jigsaw puzzles the concentration is too high, I will take a break then go back to cutting.
Regards Puzzler

All my jigsaw puzzles are dry mounted with a heat press.It is very expensive but it does not matter what type
of paper it is this method will give a flat permanent bond. you must use drymount FILM not dry mount tissue
the latter will not give you a permanent bond.I don't have a heat press any more. I now go to my friendly picture
framer and he bonds them for me. I still buy a roll of dry mount film. sand the ply and make a sandwich with ply,
film, print,ready to hand in to the framer.I have tried paper paste, PVA decopage glue none meets the quality of dry mounting/
Regards Puzzler

puzzler":1vkd7lsm said:
All my jigsaw puzzles are dry mounted with a heat press.It is very expensive but it does not matter what type
of paper it is this method will give a flat permanent bond. you must use drymount FILM not dry mount tissue
the latter will not give you a permanent bond.I don't have a heat press any more. I now go to my friendly picture
framer and he bonds them for me. I still buy a roll of dry mount film. sand the ply and make a sandwich with ply,
film, print,ready to hand in to the framer.I have tried paper paste, PVA decopage glue none meets the quality of dry mounting/
Regards Puzzler

I've never been totally happy with any of the glues I have tried either. That looks (as far as one can tell from a photo) like a really good finish you have there.

Latest posts

Back