Jig Tape

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A

Anonymous

Hi

Anyone know where I can get a right to left jig tape for a homemade fence for my mitre saw ( in the uk)

cheers

billzee :)

This may not be exactly what you want, but try
http://www.anythingleft-handed.co.uk/
Do a search for tape and a load of right to left tape measures of various lengths and types comes up. I adapted a basic 3m tape measure for a saw jig. Works fine.
May not be the cheapest option :oops:

Billzee,

I could have sworn someone had found a supplier for these but I can't find it anywhere :( Could you not just read an ordinary tape upside down...? :wink:

Cheers, Alf

P.S. Moved into General Woodworking 'cos I think it's more likely to get an answer here!

Hi Bill

Alf":210mmkli said:
Billzee,

I could have sworn someone had found a supplier for these but I can't find it anywhere :( Could you not just read an ordinary tape upside down...? :wink:

Cheers, Alf

P.S. Moved into General Woodworking 'cos I think it's more likely to get an answer here!

I have one of these in imperial and metric. I'll try and find where I bought it from. :roll:

Sorry for the poor memory
Neil

Hi

Thanks for replies

Aragorn, didn't think of that, left handed shops. :)

Your link provides an option ( 5 metre tape) for 9.95 + 3.50 postage, a bit pricey.

It is an option though.

http://www.toolpost.co.uk/system/index.html A cheaper one here, comes out just over £8 with postage.

I found one @ lee valley tools, just $2.50, but the postage was to high and its only imperial, for as much as I like imperial I also would prefer having the option of metric.

Alf, yes I could turn it upside down. Seems a shame that you can't just pick up a simple thing like this without putting up with more compromises cos our tool suppliers are'nt up to scratch.

Neil, have you remebered yet?

cheers

billzee

Hi Bill

Sorry I can't find where I got it from. I do remember that the company were in Lincolnshire.

Not much help, I know. Sorry about that.

The toolpost price seems very good for the UK.

Cheers
Neil

Back