Jig saw blade storage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouHolme

Reaction score
I have a number of jig saw blades that came in card packaging which has since fallen to pieces. I want to store them safely so would like to make something from wood rather than buy something in plastic, but does anyone have any ideas? Have thought about using some corks with holes drilled in to hold them upright then making a wooden box to hold them in, but that sounds a bit un exciting!? 🧐TIA

I made this for my 044 plough plane blades took inspiration from stanley 45 blade storage
20210929_191115.jpg
20210929_191135.jpg
20210929_191327.jpg
20210929_191340.jpg

Something quick and easy so that you can get back to real? woodworking. Lay them on an oily rag, roll it up and drop it in an old coffee jar. Ian

Something quick and easy so that you can get back to real? woodworking. Lay them on an oily rag, roll it up and drop it in an old coffee jar. Ian
Sounds good and practical for something that is a throw away item. I never get beyond the card package myself. A bit of tape if required to keep the rest in place after you take out the first one.
Regards
John

Plastic electrical conduit.
Put an old 2p piece across the end to close. Should be about flush with the outside of the tube.
wide bore heatshrink sleeve - about 1 inch long - slide on 3/4" leaving some overhang. When you shrink it, it will lock the coin in place.
For the open end, just use a cork or anything that snugly fits into or over the end.

Why bother ?
This makes quite a tough storage tube that lasts well, and you can make it to any length to fit the blades / drills, whatever you need to store.

When I bought my jigsaw it came with some free blades in this handy little pack,15 years on I still use it for storing blades in.

Might be worth buying a Festool jigsaw to see if you still get one 🤔

jigsaw blades.jpg

jigsaw blades 2.jpg

Back