Jig Competition - Winners Announced.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Good morning all

Firstly, let me say thank you to everybody who entered a jig and also to my fellow judges for taking the time to review all of the entries. The votes are all in and counting has commenced.

Judges have voted for jigs from as far away as Australia, Italy and Ireland. Only one jig received votes from all five judges. In the end only one point separated the first three.

We felt that the very first entries by Chris and Noel deserved a special mention. So here it is, a special mention for Chris and Noel.

The judges, in no particular order, were Adam, Alf, Charley and Wood1000. OK, so it is in alfabetical order. :wink:

As with all good Euro competitions the winners will be announced in reverse order. :wink:

Third place goes to Aragorn (with a little help from Steve Maskerey) for his hinge jig. Congratulations to you both.

Second place will be announced at 1pm.

Neil

Good afternoon all

There is no second place as we had a tie for number one, numero uno.

Cheers
Neil

PS Sorry Alberto, I got carried away. :wink:

Well done Aragon. I liked your jig when you posted it ages ago and have it on my tuit list

Congrats!!!!

Cheers

Tony

Good afternoon

This is the big one. The one you've all been waiting for. Who are the winners?

Well, in no particular order, the joint winners are: -

Gidon and Tony (for his dado jig)

Congratulations and well done both of you.

You will be contacted about your prize in the next few days.

Thank you to everyone who entered.

Cheers
Neil

Congratulations

Aragorn, Gidon, and Tony

And a big thank you to Neil for his generosity and time.

Well done all of you

All the best

John

Thanks to all

I would especially like to thank the judges, Neil Adam, Alf, Charley and Wood1000 (cheques in the post :wink: ). I would like to thank my mum and dad, my wife, my woodwork teacher at school. My bank manager and credit card company for allowing me to run up such immense debt buying tools. And most of all, I would like to thank the forum members for not submitting any jigs that were better than mine :wink: :lol: :lol:

Cheers for the competition Neil, very generous of you and a good idea.

Wonder what I won?

Cheers

Tony

Well done chaps :!:

Tony, will you require the hire of a bow tie for the presentation (reasonable rates) :wink:

What a shocker! I wonder if this is how Federer feels :D.

Many thanks Neil for running the comp - a very good idea and a fun and interesting thread to watch.

Cheers

Gidon

Congratulations to the winners, commiserations to the less victorious and a big Thank You to Neil for organising it. :D

Cheers, Alf

Oooops, posted in the other thread
Very flattered and thanks to Neil & Co for running the competition and putting up the prize.

Back