jewellery chest of draws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radicalwood

Established Member
Reaction score
its been quite a while since I posted anything on the site, I finished this last night. carcase, back and draw fronts are Ash, draw side and runners are Beach. sixe 16" x 10" 10"
finish is a gell (the name escapes me). Not many work in progesss shots sorry.

IMGP3969.jpg

IMGP3971.jpg

IMGP3975.jpg

thanks for looking

Neil

dry run to test fit of routed dovetails.
IMAGE_00288.jpg

wood for draw front and back
IMAGE_00293.jpg

glue up
IMAGE_00295.jpg

Nice Job Neil. That cabinet will hold a lot of jewelery by the look of it. I hope you don't have to fill it aswell!

I like it. Looks nice with the drawers closed.
With the drawers open it looks like you need to tidy the runner grooves a little - or is that the finish you applied making it look like burn marks ?

I'm in the process of designing something similar for swmbo. Only 3 drawers though and not as wide/deep - I don't want her getting ideas of needing too much extra to fill it.

Looks good. I like the way you've kept the grain continuous on the drawer fronts (ie. cutting them all from a single wide board), which is always a nice touch. :)

Bring on the next project! :wink:

thanks for the comments, there were a lot of firsts for me in this job, so quite pleased with the result.
OPJ :oops: yes there burn marks, the router cutter was not too good and a bit scared to clean it up too much in case I change the fit of the drawers.
thinking it would make a good tool chest, think I may make myself one next. but things to make for christmas first.

cheers
Neil

Back