Jewellery Box with concealed drawers.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ian

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

This is my latest commission – it is made from black walnut with sycamore inlays. The lid is made from band sawn veneers with the grain running front to back and bordered in a traditional style banding, the escutcheon also matches this. The flap is held in place in the close position with 2 spring catches and the box is lined in mulberry suede. Finished with several coats of blonde shellac followed by wax. Fitted with nickel hardware.

Cheers

Ian

phils1-01copy.jpg

phils2-01copy.jpg

phils3-01copy.jpg

phils4-01copy.jpg

phils5-01copy.jpg

phils7-01copy.jpg

phils6-01copy.jpg

Looks very nice Ian. Like the black walnut / sycamore contrast and the inlay round the key hole is a nice touch.

Another great box! Are those ball catches for the front pull down section? Does the box flex at all when the front is pulled down?

Superb!

Yes stainless steel brusso ball catches - No there is no flexing - it is very strong due to the upper fixed front and the bases which add a lot of strength. The upper fixed front is pinned from the outside.

Cheers

Ian

Beautiful work - one of the best i've seen on this site.

Cheers

Karl

Many thanks guys - the customer had browsed my gallery page and picked a mixture from different boxes, he was then sent a computer render and to show how the walnut, mulberry and nickel would look like together and he then paid a deposit - the layout of the dividers was agreed on at a later date.

computer render
render1-1.jpg

Cheers

Ian

Back