Jet

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Noel

Staff member
Reaction score
Nice to see Mr Jet signing up. Maybe a chance for Neil to negotiate a discount?

Rgds

Noel

Hmm, have I mentioned lately how much I like my JBS180L AKA Jet JWBS-16 bandsaw recently? Perhaps I should do so more often... :wink: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Hello all, ok I've been lurking for long enough as a guest, I thought I'd signed in under the cover of darkness yesterday morning - I've been spotted though. :oops:

Flattery will get you everywhere Alf :D

Anyway just a short mail - I need to go to Inverness (as you do)

Best regards

Nick

Jet

Sorry to wander off topic so soon, but have I mentioned recently how much I love my Jet 60A? :D
My infeed table's a little bit difficult to adjust - what's that about then eh?!

A

Aragorn,

Blimey, you're supposed to PM "problems" - else Noobie_Neil might see - and he's about to buy one!!!!

Adam

Adam
Point taken! But tis isn't a *problem* exactly. This is a Jet after all !
Mind you - I'd still like to know if anyone has had a similar, um, experience with the adjustment of their Jet planer infeed.

A

Hi Adam

asleitch":3jqmcnlj said:
Aragorn, Blimey, you're supposed to PM "problems" - else Noobie_Neil might see - and he's about to buy one!!!! Adam

Personally, I think Aragorn is right to post the question. I can understand that if things get heated, then it is advisable for them to be kept out of the public gaze.

What is the net etiquette in this case? :?

Cheers
Neil

Keep it in the public domain.It's not exactly a complaint. It is a forum after all and I'm sure Nick Brown will have no problem dealing with it (and maybe telling Aragon how to sort it). I've spoken to Nick a few times and he's a decent bloke. Even moaned to him about the Jet website at the weekend in Glasgow. And I'm about to drop a small fortune on a Jet jointer shortly.

Rgds

Noel

Hi Nick, welcome to the forum (when you get back from Inverness anyway :D )

Ah net-iquette, what a mine field. :roll: I think most posters have enough nous to know when to take something to PMs and when it might be something useful to the general populace. We trust you... :roll: Play it by ear folks, and rest assured that operatives are standing by to step in and rip off that ear if it gets it wrong* :wink: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

* This is a joke. That's for the second offence...

Hi Alf and all, thanks for the welcome :D - cheers too Noely, had I know it was you at Glasgow you would have qualified for a free Jet baseball cap :lol:

I've got to say I'm not too fussed personally about netiquette, that's the benefit of discussion sites - uncensored, impartial views and problems - Aaragorn, we'd be happy to sort it out for you - in fairness, your retailer should be on hand to sort things as a first step, I'm confident it's a set up issue as opposed to manufacturing error, but until we speak, I can't say for sure.
Mail me at [email protected] and we will sort it.

Best wishes to everyone from 468 miles further North from where I woke up

Nick

OK Nick,

Here's the deal - I buy a jointer, you give me a free hat. Deal?

Rgds

Noel, who is off upstairs to count his money.

PS - Cheers.

Nick,

Many thanks for your kind, generous and sincere offer. I shall give it due consideration, but I think I'll be quite content with the 6" model. Let you know in a few weeks how I get on with it.

Rgds

Noel

Back