Jet Thicknesser

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mdotflorida

Established Member
Reaction score
Having just taken delivery of the planer I am turning my attention to the thicknesser world.

After some research (and Charley's review) I'd pretty much decided that I wanted the Axminster CT330 but before I place the order I was wondering if anybody has experience with, seen working, or seen a review of the Jet thicknesser.

Hi Jeff

The Jet thicknesser was reviewed in GWW quite a while ago and it came out exceptionally well.

I would have bought the Jet but, as I didn't have the space and rather than have a combined machine, I went for the Jet Jointer with the Makita thicknesser.

The Makita thicknesser has won loads of awards in the states over the past two years for it's quality of finish.

Cheers
Neil

Thanks Neil.

The fact the Jet is on wheels helps in the space department.

By the way 6:32 in the morning !!! Anybody would think this is a big day !!!

Now come away from the window. As my old Gran used to say "A watched kettle never receives a delivery" or was it " A watched drive never boils". Can't remember.

Have fun :D

Newbie_Neil":2klu5lb3 said:
Hi Jeff

I went for the Jet Jointer with the Makita thicknesser.

Neil, can you talk some more about your experiences with the Makita. It's been gradually working it's way to the top of my Powered Tools Lust List... actually, it's about the only thing on my PTLL. The Hand Tools Lust List, now that runs to several pages :).

Hi Pete

The Makita has won award after award in the States over the last two years for the quality of finish.

I have it in it's box and when I've set up the jointer I'll do a review of both.

The quality of the Makita seems to be very good. Every Makita product I have bought has been excellent and I particularly liked this one because it is made in Japan. (Oh, what am I saying!!) :roll:

Cheers
Neil

Newbie_Neil":eu2z0pe2 said:
I have it in it's box and when I've set up the jointer I'll do a review of both.

Cool!

[taps fingers... checks watch... taps fingers :)]

The Hand Tools Lust List, now that runs to several pages

Ummmmmmm.... Lust...????

Pete.. buddy.... we need to talk.... or at LEAST get you out a little more..

:wink:

Back