Jet table saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ex-71

Established Member
Reaction score
I have problem with up/down mechanism on my table saw - the blade now being fully in up position and not able to lower it.
When I realised the saw had failed, I inspected inside and all I could find were a washer and a circlip having appeared to have fallen off the rear of the worm drive shaft and that it looks as though the shaft for up/down relies on an 18mm internal dia. washer bearing against a smaller circlip to force the blade up/down on worm drive .... is that it???
The rear of the shaft has what appears to be a retaining flange (for want of better term) of approx 0.25mm thick to retain the circlip - or has the rear of the shaft been ground away over time? Where the circlip seems to fit is the very rear of shaft which is some 16mm dia for a length of 8 or 9mm, the washer sitting on the shaft approx 18mm dia.
Has anyone with a Jet t/s suffered similar?
Or have I missed something that I really should not have??

You should be able to download manuals for your saw that should have exploded diagrams showing all the parts that are in there.
Its not an uncommon problem with tables saws of several breeds. the rise and fall mechanism starts getting stiff, owners just apply more and more force until something breaks.
Get in the habit of knowing the feel of your machines and when is feels or sounds different stop and find out why, clean, lubricate repair as needed.

Had viewed manual and was rather surprised at the retaining system, surprised enough to raise the thread! Oh well, new circlip and washers on their way.
I take your point re-stiffening resistance ............

Back