Jet Supersaw Review in GWW

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wood1000":yuo0xj7o said:
I would not dare cut the arbor off. I would kept it the way it is, or get a new arbor made.

Don't worry, Andy King was just making the point that one of the things Delta would have to do to sell the saw in the UK was to shorten the arbor.

Some of the meaning must have been lost in the translation.

Shadowfax":yuo0xj7o said:
In other words what is the footprint of the saw including the rails and sliding carriage.

From memory, it was about 50 inches wide and about 52 inches long. That is taking account of the side extension and the outfeed.

Cheers
Neil

Scrit":1684phis said:
Hi Keystone

Always interesting to read the American perspective on tools
Scrit

I keep comming to this forum to get the Brit perspective! It's the same hobby/job, but the terms we use are so different. It seems to me that your safty laws are much worst/better/strickter than our!

Hi Keystone

Keystone":bde8xi8u said:
I keep comming to this forum to get the Brit perspective! It's the same hobby/job, but the terms we use are so different. It seems to me that your safty laws are much worst/better/strickter than our!

It is made worse for newcomers, such as myself, who have come to woodworking through Norm (the mighty bearded one) using terms such as dado and jointer. Neither of which actually exist over here. :? :?

Cheers
Neil

Keystone":27ppddnv said:
It seems to me that your safety laws are much worse/better/stricter than ours!

Keystone

They are certainly stricter, and in all probability better (at least for the hapless machine user). The only way they are worse is in what they do to the pocket! All this safety tends to load our prices - still, what cost fingers, eh?

Scrit

------------------
Fish want me, women jeer me (or words to that effect) :lol:

Thanks Neil
I guess it will fit on that basis. Just how good is your memory, by the way?
Actually, the total length of the rails is going to be an important measurement for me. If I know that, then I will be able to see how much room there will be around the saw.
I had thought about getting a Scheppach 2500 and putting it on a moveable base. That way I could always fold down the side table if necessary when space became important for a particular type of cut. The Jet saw with its cast iron table kind of put that whole idea in the shade a bit! But it does not have folding rails. See the dilemma?
Cheers again.

S

Hi Shadowfax

I don't remember the length of the rails but I do remember that they also have a set of wheels for the saw.

Does that solve your problem? :wink: :wink:

Cheers
neil

Neil
The problem is nearly solved but I still really need to know the dimensions of the saw. It is looking good though, if your measurements are about right. I blame Andy King! What do you think?
A wheel set will be just what I need, I reckon.
Cheers

S

Err..
How come I'm now showing up as a guest rather than Noely. And "new post" icons are not working when I log on. Any ideas?

Rgds

Noel

HI Guys
Yep. Tried Jet's web sites. Like you say - every measurement but the one you want! You would think it would be simple to find out just how big a machine is, wouldn't you?
I must stop this logical stuff. It never works!
Cheers.

S

Shadowfax,

Better just buy it then....<g>

Rgds

Noel

PS Back to normal service, reset the settings

Hello Again
Just to let you know I have found out the dimensions of the saw, including the sliding carriage.
For those who might need to know they are, approximately:
Height of table - 35 inches
Left to right - 63 inches
Front to back - 52 inches
This includes all the pieces that might be overhanging around the edges.
Thankfully, this means I won't need to dismantle my ever-so-heavy engineers bench because it won't be in the way, given these measurements.
Thanks to Poolewood in Kent for the information.
Many thanks too for your replies.
I can actually get on with the current job of rewiring the workshop now.
Cheers.

S

Soory Shadowfax, just read the last few messages on the thread.
I can confirm that you need a 1580x1320 footprint area which includes rear table & fence rails.
I did put dimension for this in the original write up but the powers that be decided that the cast table size was more important.....
Who am I to argue :shock:

The Jet SS is priced between the Scheppach TS2000 and TS2500 - has anyone used the Jet and either of these Scheppach saws? Now I know saw choice is partly subjective and depends to some extent on the work you intend to do but ...

Is the Jet SS better than the Scheppach TS2500?

Andy King - can I add another call for a group test of sub-£1500 saws in GW!

Cheers,
Mike.

Back