JET Oscillating Drum Sander Shaft Balancer Issues

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hereward

Reaction score
My 6 month old Jet Oscillating Drum sander has broken down, 1 coupler bolt has worked loose and one has sheared in the shaft. The rubber cushion shims have disintegrated. I have seen this fault on USA sites, anyone in the UK have this problem?

Is this the benchtop model (BOS-5) or the larger floor-standing one? I've never read about an issue like this on either machine, on this forum.

Assuming you bought it brand new then, it would certainly be worth contacting Axminster (or Brimarc/Jet). It should be covered by a one (if not two-year) warranty and they're usually more than happy to assist in situations like this.

I had the same problem with my 22-44 and the flange that attaches the carriage to the oscillator sheared. I got onto my dealer and Jet replaced the machine with no quibbles, I was back in production the next day.

I had the same problem about 4 years ago with my 22 - 44 but fortunately I spotted the bolts coming loose before they sheared, I have 7 Jet machines and I don't think that they are well made at all but they fill the gap between industrial and hobby, it is very hard to find a OS Belt sander anywhere near the price of the jet but in the end beggers can't be choosers so what can you do

Latest posts

Back