Jet JTS 600

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob - if you look at the power spec of the motor (2.6kw) i'd have said that it would definitely require a 16a supply.

Cheers

Karl

Karl":1mv6vcqp said:
Rob - if you look at the power spec of the motor (2.6kw) i'd have said that it would definitely require a 16a supply.

Cheers

Karl
Karl...I'm coming round to that conclusion as well, but I've just PM'd Jetman for clarification - Rob

Yep, I agree with Karl (the SIP saw everybody loves is 2,200w and should ideally be run off 16amps). You might be able to start it on 13amps but, you would have to switch the saw on first before anything else and it will probably blow or trip the fuse several times.

I can't remember the motor rating on my SuperSaw, but that ran off a 13A plug fine. As does my 2.5HP lathe, but then that goes through an inverter so might be moot.

9fingers and I have been nattering...seems that 2.6Kw is at the very limit of what might be suitable to run off a 13A ring main (depending on conditions etc) so a 16A dedicated line is probably desirable. However, that's something I don't have but Bob has explained a cunning and devious way to get safely round the problem which is fairly easy for me to sort out...we're going to discuss further at YOKB - Rob

Hi

My JTS600 came with a 13Amp plug and I have had no issues with the fuse.

Andy

mark270981":1c9mbepm said:
I will offer a review on this very soon.

How soon will that be. :D

I have a chance to buy a slightly used one.

I had a very similar Jet saw in the States in my garage. Excellent bit of kit for its size. I would buy it if you have size limitations

I wonder if there are now other solutions than a table saw.

The TS is for straight guided cuts so why not use a Festool TS55 or TS75 for more depth of cut. Finish quality should be the same as the Kity. Accuracy should be the same and a sliding saw instead of table.

The other advantage for a small shop are that when not in use you'd hang the rails on the walls or from the r roof and you could build a bigger bench or an assembly table and not have to strengthen the floor.

Festool stuff is high quality an is a system which can be used to modernise workshop practice.

I'm currently wrestling with whether to sell my table saw since I bought the TS55 and also acquired a TS75. I don't use the TS anywhere near as much these days and turning the space into an assembly space would be a step forward for me.

I went ahead and bought a used one. Got it about 35 miles away.

Doesn't look at all bad. Looks like they have been cutting aluminium or something on it.

The blade is almost as sharp as my thumb.

So suggestions for a cost effective blade are sought.

I didn't really need a sliding table, but who knows, I may be glad of it some day

woodbloke":14mg46zq said:
Karl":14mg46zq said:

Cheers

Karl
Karl...I'm coming round to that conclusion as well, but I've just PM'd Jetman for clarification - Rob

Guys

2600watts divid by voltage gives amps 2600/240=10.8333333amps therefore any 13amp ring main should be OK if it has nothing else running on it at the time that will take the amp draw over the RCD rating, you are using an RCD's on your workshop supplies aren't you.

Mike

MikeJhn":157zxrnb said:
woodbloke":157zxrnb said:
Karl":157zxrnb said:

Cheers

Karl

Guys

2600watts divid by voltage gives amps 2600/240=10.8333333amps therefore any 13amp ring main should be OK if it has nothing else running on it at the time that will take the amp draw over the RCD rating, you are using an RCD's on your workshop supplies aren't you.

Mike

Mike you are right, plus the main fact is it is only spinning a relatively lightweight blade - 16amp is normal for the same motor size when the start up has to turn a heavy cast bandsaw wheel or cutterblock - it's that initial load that counts.
cheers
Nick

Nick

The spike load from an induction motor is much less that a brush motor as most have a soft start anyway, running 110volt machines off a transformer gives a much bigger spike that will trip out a normal S type RCD, this can be eliminated with a D type RCD which has a much larger tolerance to spike loads, I would also suggest this would help on any heavy loaded machines as long as the motor wattage is below the 3500 level and has nothing else demanding supply on the same RCD, having a dedicated mains consumer unit for the workshop and splitting the loads around the workshop to different RCD's controlled power take offs can almost eliminate any of these problems.

Mike

Got a new blade fitted, have it installed where I want it in "the shop".

I spent a little time setting up the fence, it was about 50 thou out, which was quite noticeable, even for my rough work.

Now I just need a connector to join jets coupling to my four inch flexible pipe.

I phoned a couple of vendors, who couldn't help, so falling back on the knowledge of the forum.

Pic of saw attached,

Attachments

• 700270_inset3_xl.jpg
    700270_inset3_xl.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 986

Latest posts

Back