JET JTS 260 Table lock - Expression of Interest - Last call

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wizer":edf634qh said:
Rob if you're ever over this way, you'd be more than welcome to come look at the machine with Bob's Lock. Shall we call it 'The Boblock'? :lol:
Tom - I did ask Bob9f yesterday if he'd started manufacture to see what they looked like in the 'metal', alas not yet.
However, having seen your report and had Bob describe to me how it works, I'm more than happy now to go with the 260 and the 'Boblock' - Rob, being very careful to avoid typos

woodbloke":2sp822eo said:
wizer":2sp822eo said:
Rob if you're ever over this way, you'd be more than welcome to come look at the machine with Bob's Lock. Shall we call it 'The Boblock'? :lol:
Tom - I did ask Bob9f yesterday if he'd started manufacture to see what they looked like in the 'metal', alas not yet.
However, having seen your report and had Bob describe to me how it works, I'm more than happy now to go with the 260 and the 'Boblock' - Rob, being very careful to avoid typos

Rob,

You can see the intimate details of the table lock in Wizer's write up part way down this thread.
https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/jet- ... 5-120.html

I made this one from offcuts I hade in the metal workshop. For the production run I will need to order 50 x 20 steel bar - not something I keep a vast amount of usually. I also need to make these as a batch doing the machining operations in parallel to save set up time.

Bob

Bob - that's the thread I was looking at...the prototype tested on Tom's 260, which works very well - Rob

"Have you seen Bob's Lock?"
"The Boblock? Why yes, I've seen the Boblock"

I can see it taking off in a big way :lol:

woodbloke":jkfgfzw8 said:
Bob - that's the thread I was looking at...the prototype tested on Tom's 260, which works very well - Rob

Well that shows all the bits and you should be able to see how it works.
The hole in the block is machined to a 'honeymoon' fit on the shaft and the bristol lever pinches up the slot at the bottom of the block to frip the shaft around most of its periphery.

The shaft extender simple extends the shaft to compensate for the space taken up by the block and still allows the digital readout to be fitted behind the handwheel.

hth

Bob

Last call for anyone else who wants a kit making.

I have 4 firm orders and have replied to each of those.

I'll be ordering materials at the end of the week (21st may) to be delivered
ready for when I get back from holiday around 18th June. I hope to make the batch then with a view to despatching them in early July.

If you want to be included then please PM me by 20th May.

Thanks

Bob

Back