Jet JTS-250/250s Tablesaws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nailer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Could any Jet owners out there please tell me the difference between the two models.
All i can see is one comes with a mobile base and one doesn't or is there more subtle differences that i'm missing #-o

Also how easy is it to move around on the mobile base ? and more to the point are you happy with the saw and does it live up to your expectations.

The reason i ask is that i'm very interested in the saw.......well having got my head around spending a grand on a table saw :shock: ....i don't plan on buying another one for quite some time ,so i want to get it right :D .

Thanks

Hi Nailer

Sorry, but I somehow missed your post.

Nailer":rawu0f2b said:
All i can see is one comes with a mobile base and one doesn't or is there more subtle differences that i'm missing

I think you'll find that, as standard, neither come wih a mobile base.

Nailer":rawu0f2b said:
Could any Jet owners out there please tell me the difference between the two models.

IIRC, the only difference is that the S has a sliding table.

You might be interested in this thread: -

https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/view ... 11&start=0

Cheers
Neil

Funnily enough, look what just turned up chez moi :lol: :lol: :lol:

47037028.jpg

That'll be an "S" with sliding table then....

Heavy! :shock:

:lol:

The aftermath of trying to get it off the van! They obviously put it on there with a fork lift truck but neglected to put that in the Merc Sprinter to assist the lonesome (and very small) bloke that arrived with it!

Oddly enough this was on the pallet too:

47037069.jpg

Wonder how that got there.... :whistle:

Cheers for the replys guy's.....haveing re read the descriptions on the Axminster site all becomes clear #-o .

I've managed to source a 250s locally for £1078 including vat and delivery with the mobile base.....do you think this is a fair price ?

Hmmm i did a search and this one didn't show up....strange.....not to worry i've read it now and it answers a lot of questions....cheers.

Neil.....I did notice in that thread you mention somebody on this forum importing the necessary parts so that a *ducks for cover :p * Dado could be used.....can you remember who it was and how they went about it ?

Scott.....it certainly looks like you get a lot of saw for your money :D

Nailer":1pniv7xo said:
Scott.....it certainly looks like you get a lot of saw for your money :D

I certainly did! It seems bigger than I thought too, now that I've got it all built up! Maybe it's just cos it's filling up space that has been clear for a long time. Anyway, I'm VERY impressed with the machine!

It takes a couple of hours to build up (just the box with the sliding carriage is a hernia waiting to happen) but the blade to mitre slot alignment is set at the factory and was spot on. It's adjustable but wasn't necessary. The mitre guage on the carriage was spot on too, as were the blade tilt stops

JET helpfully provide shims to set up the sliding carriage clearances and although it's heavy it isn't hard to set up. Mine has landed up 0.1mm out of parallel with the blade. I'm trying to decide if it's worth the bother of trying to adjust that out!

The build quality seems to be excellent. The finish on the table is superb. All metal handwheels etc. Fence locks solid. The dust extraction works well with my DX4000.

I haven't had chance to do any serious work with it yet (knocked up a new shooting board today) but so far I'm a very happy bunny! :D :D

Nailer":j1rtcxzv said:
I've managed to source a 250s locally for £1078 including vat and delivery with the mobile base.....do you think this is a fair price ?

Seems fair to me Nailer!

Sounds good :D ......just need to get shut of my Scheppach TKU and i'll be off to get one :lol:

Shame really as its a belting saw but i haven't got the room in my garage workshop for both.

Thanks Neil, I'm sure I will! :D

Also, many thanks for your helpful advice in the other thread.

All the best

Hi Scott,

Good choice mate, I've had the saw for a month now and can say you made the right decision. The sliding table on my saw has just been swapped today for the fixed left wing instead. I've decided to make a panel cutting gauge instead of it because it was giving me a little grief with raising slightly above the main table when sliding too and fro. I made the mistake of not getting the mobile base though and it is now impossible to move it. Jet are bringing out the new model in October time and it should have the Jet exacta fence fitted to it which i'm definitly going to buy. If you need any advice on the saw or any problems sorted, Rod at Jet's customer service in Axminster is a top bloke and will help you whatever the trouble.
Enjoy your saw.

cheers,
jonny.

Hello,

I've had a brain wave on how to use a dado for your Supersaw for less than the cost of a packet of fags. Why not just buy half a dozen blade insert rings at 30mm dia and 16mm bore from Axminster for about a quid each and put one on each outer blade or chipper on the dado blade, then fit your collar and nut back on as usual. As long as you don't go as wide as the threaded part of the arbor I see no problem with it. You should still be able to fit a dado of 20-22mm wide which is ample.

cheers,
jonny.

Jonny, more like brain fade..........Firstly if the arbour in question was designed to take a dado stack the last thing I'd suggest to anybody is to mount a stack with the incorrect bore using adaptor rings. Adaptor rings are a compromise on a single blade using a suitable arbour washer. With a dado stack it would be downright dangerous. The 2 outer dado blades with 2 or 3 chippers in between rely on constant and complete compatibility achieved by a flat and true mating of the surfaces of each component. This will not happen using adaptors rings when the whole unit starts spinning at 3000 rpm not to mention anything that might happen when the blades are trying to cut a deep dado in hardwood.
Please make safety your first concern.

Adios

Noel

Hi,
I'm assuming by your post jonny that the arbor on the UK version of the JTS 250 is long enough to take a dado ?

If so would not the 5/8" dado set by Freud do the job therefore removing the need for shims....or is there a significant difference between 16mm and 5/8" so it won't fit.

I see also that yourself and the U.S jet webby are saying that the arbor is 5/8" or 16mm but the Axminster site has it down as a 30mm arbor as does the JET(UK) webby......is this an error on there part ?? or is your saw an american import ??

Please excuse my ignorance but the way i'm reading it atm the UK/EU saws have 30mm arbors and the US ones have 5/8".....long enough or otherwise :D

Cheers

Philly":1ao74sxs said:
Nailer
I think that 30mm or 5/8 is the diameter of the arbor, no the width.
Philly :D

Sorry i musn't have made myself clear....i realise that the 30mm and 5/8" are the diameter of the arbor and was curious as to why the US and UK versions where different (well according to their web sites anyway) but more to the point that the UK/EU version of the saw had a long enough arbor to take a dado......i was always under the impression that most if not all UK/EU saws where only long enough to take a single blade (the arbor that is).....well apart from the excalibur range of course :D

Hence this is where the problem arises :D

Thanks

Guys. I bought a second hand one of these. A question for anyone who bought one new please - was the main table installed or did you have to fit it? I ask as mine is domed by 1/2mm adjacent to the blade area. This is an issue as you cannot adjust the sliding table to align with the table. I have a mate who will machine it flat but I trying to understand if you can just unbolt the table, leaving the motor and it's assembly in place. Does anyone know Please?

as far as I can remember the main table came fitted. also the trunnions and motor assembly are attached directly to the table underneath it

Back