JET JST-600 or Axminster AW10BSB2 bench Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jajohnsen

Reaction score
Hello, knew here on the forum, but have followed the site for some weeks and picked up lots of god advice and information.

I'm a beginner wood worker and in the procces of setting up my workshop and decided to get a table saw, I had inittially decided to go for the Axminster AW10BSB2 whitout sliding table, but with the shipping and taxes I end up almost at the same price as what i can get a JET JST-600 for at home.

I'll primarely use it for cabinet making, small projects and cross cutting and is interested in precise cuts. I don't plan on using it for ripping large sheets. On the Axi i was thinking on making cross-cut sledge or jusing an Incra Miter 5000 with sled for precise cuts, but wondering if the JTS-600 wil do the same for me with the sliding table and if it's as precise.

John

I have recently bought the Jet 600 and (up to yesterday when the start capacitor failed - apparently -) I have been very happy with it.
Having said that, my last saw was a Fox unit, cheap and very nasty, so anything up the food chain from that has to be an improvement!

steve

The Jet is a much more compact saw, and the sliding table stroke is 600mm compared with the Axminster which is 1220mm. I would recommend the Axminster, but you might find the compact size of the Jet a more important feature than the greater cross-cut capacity.

The size is actually a god point, i have limited space so a smaller footprint is god, also i think 600mm cross-cut capacity is enough for me, that was why i was considering the axminster without the sliding table. But most important for me is the quality and precision. I rather pay some more and buy right once than pay less now, and then have to pay more later.

I have a quite old Jet saw and last year it needed some small spare parts. Axminster were very helpful, but it took Jet in China 3-4 months to get the parts to me. Because of this experience I would be wary of the Jet. No experience of the Axminster saw.

thank for the reply, this isn't easy to decide.

The axminster is now out as i see it due to over £300 in shipping, but I came over the Record TS250RS how is this in quality accuracy compared to the JET.

Also I found the Hammer K3, which look as a nice saw altough more expensive. Only problem I can't seem to get anny response from them when i made an enquiry about the Saw.

I bought my TS250-RS just under a year ago. In terms of accuracy like most tools (other than really cheap stuff) you get out what you're willing to put in with set-up - if you spend a bit of time fiddling with getting tables level and fences square it's as good as most. I like my saw and for the small space I have I wouldn't buy anything else - the 1220mm cross-cut capacity I find indispensable, and to get the equivalent on most other machines would require buying something with a far bigger footprint. As regards build quality, whilst it's got all the right features (acme rolled threads for the carriage as opposed to plastic for example) my personal opinion is that it's built more like a hobby machine and is unlikely to withstand a lot of heavy use. As you are a hobby woodworker I would have thought it will do you fine, but I don't think it's as heavily built as the Jet or the Axminster, and quite expensive compared to their offerings. If you want to know more about the saw, I wrote a fairly detailed review on putting it together in this forum with quite a few pics that give some idea of how it's made.

Thank you for the reply, and yes i found your review after i posted yesterday. Great review and thank you for spending he time making it!

Finally got hold of a Hammer dealer and found out they are right a round the corner from where i live, waiting for them to get back to me with a price for a K3 saw, A3 planer/thicknesser and the N4400 bandsaw. The saw is in a whole different price category, than the inital saws i asked about, but hopefully the qaulity is also, and best of all i have the dealer close to me If there is any thing.

Latest posts

Back