Jet JPT 310

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Waka, the delivery on these was delayed and they have only just turned up. They are in the process of being sent out to the retailers this week. I doubt anyone has one yet - unless they have nicked one from Southampton docks without us knowing.

PS - I think it's a good machine at a good price (Not that I'm biased of course :lol: )

Best regards,
Nick
Jet

Hi Waka

Waka":2slfkk5j said:
Does anyone have one of these machines, if so is it value for money. all comments greatly appreciated.

I went the separates route and bought the Jet 60A jointer and the Makita 2012NB thicknesser. The finish on the pair of them is just stunning.

The long tables on the 60A are a real boon.

I would have bought the Jet separates but I just don't have any room. :-({|=

HTH.

Cheers
Neil

I've had a look at the Jet 60A and it does look a lovely machine and I've only heard good comments on them BUT....

....it is so frustrating that it is only capable of 200mm planing width.

If they made a 250mm version, I may just be tempted but ideally a 300mm. I'm in the market for a planer and thicknesser (or a combined machine). The wood I have piling up is generally over 200mm!! I know you could always say (space allowing) that 300 is a better size, then 400, 500 etc. but I do think that 200mm is just too limiting.

So, come on Jet, when are you going to market a 250mm or 300mm version of the 60A?

Jetman":1eolhrww said:
Hi Waka, the delivery on these was delayed and they have only just turned up. They are in the process of being sent out to the retailers this week. I doubt anyone has one yet - unless they have nicked one from Southampton docks without us knowing.

PS - I think it's a good machine at a good price (Not that I'm biased of course :lol: )

Best regards,
Nick
Jet

Nick

Axminster tell me that they have sold 3 and are waiting for another delivery, mind you they won't tell me who has bought them so I can get first hand information, I guess that's fair.

I'll have to take a trip to see there demo.

Latest posts

Back