Jet JPT-260 - thicknessing table lock.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timbly

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hi
I purchased a Jet JPT-260 about a month ago and thinks it's a good machine. However like others I've found the thicknessing table tends to slip down during operation.
I've asked Bob (9fingers) if he'd consider making up one of his table locks as a one off and while this may be possible it's obviously better and cheaper to make up a small production run. So if there's anyone else interested please let me or Bob know.
All the best
Tim

Hi Bob, glad to hear you are making another batch, definitely put me down for one.

I tried planning some oak the other day with slightly blunt knives, the table was dropping so fast I could actually see it moving!

Is the variant for people with the digital read out just the extra extension bar? I don't have the digital read out at the moment but I've considered getting one.

Please put me down for one with a shaft extender for the digital display.

OK Guys,

It looks like we are nearly there.
The kits are priced as follows

With digital readout extension £39
Without digital readout extension £34

Postage per kit £4

I don't take any payments until I have made the kits and they are ready for despatch but I need the following information via PM as a commitment to buy

Your proper name (not your forum name)
Your landline telephone no
Your full postal address including post code
Your direct email address
Confirmation of which kit you want - Digital or Dial readout

Please check that you include ALL the above information to confirm your order.

I need to know where to 'send the boys round' if I need to :lol:

I will respond with my full contact details in return.

I have a few jobs on in the workshop but will start ordering materials soon and start work towards the end of October planning to ready to despatch early November.

When the kits are ready, I will contact you regarding payment.
This can be by cheque, BACS or Paypal providing you cover the paypal fees (there is an option for this on their site).

You can download the fitting instructions here to give you a taster of what it all looks like

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/bob.minchi ... PLANER.pdf

If for any reason you are not satisfied with what you receive. I will refund the price of the kit ex postage if you return it to me at your expense. I have had none returned yet so I assume everyone has been happy to date.

Bob

timbly":z5dg0vjz said:
Hi Bob

Thanks for doing another run of these..
PM sent.

All the best
Tim

No Problem Tim.

I'd still like to get one more order for the batch but will still proceed if I only get 4 orders. I have 3 confirmed including yours and have sent you a direct email.

Bob

I have nearly completed this latest batch of locks and always set out to make one extra just in case.

This time the turnip-up fairy has not been in the workshop and so I will have a good spare for sale.

These are £38 for the dial readout version and £43 for the digital readout version.

The rest of the batch are all allocated to members but if you would like this last one please send me a PM.

Bob

Hey Bob, I'm probably way too late but are you making more? I'm in Pompey so just down the M27 from you and just about to buy a JPT-260 but concerned about the 'lock' issue..

morrissey007":1346ou45 said:
Hey Bob, I'm probably way too late but are you making more? I'm in Pompey so just down the M27 from you and just about to buy a JPT-260 but concerned about the 'lock' issue..

I sold the last lock to a guy in Turkey a few months ago. I did have one enquiry from Holland a few weeks ago but he did not come back to me after I explained about needing to make them in batches.

To be honest most of the people who wanted them are sorted and the level of enquiries is such that I don't want to make another batch on the off chance. It takes best part of 2 days to make a batch of 5-6.
If you want to stir up some interest on this forum or others then feel free. If you can get 4 firm customers then I'll do another batch and take a risk with selling the other 2

Cheers

Bob

Thanks Bob, I quite understand. All I can hope is that others reading thread this will post a commitment to buy from you. Off to buy the 260 now!

Maybe you should mention the problem to the seller and that there is a solution available.

Informally Brimarc looked at supplying my lock but decided that they could not do it as it implied a criticism of the original design and hence a criticism of Jet who they represent - understandable I suppose but nevertheless frustrating.

Good luck with your new machine
Bob

I'm about to order a Jet 260 within the next month or two and was fortunate enough to get one of the first 'Boblocks' which will be fitted on the new p/t when it arrives. If you can get rustle up a few more interested bodies, then Bob's modification to the machine comes highly recommended - Rob

Thanks Rob!

I think that there are 11 'Boblocks' in now service out there somewhere and no complaints (yet!)

Even Jet USA have told some of their customers to search on line 'as some chap in UK' is making modification kits :roll:

They are not particularly inspiring to make but I don't mind doing a batch every now and then to help members out.

So Roll up Roll up! get your 'Boblocks' here!

Bob

well I have my lovely Jet-260 and am happily filling up my extractor drum (and boy does it fill quickly!!) BUT I have the 'wandering height' issue and would really like a "bob-lock" so ...Bob how about helping another Hampshire chap out?

Back