JET DAY has ARRIVED - DIAL-UP friendly Version

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all

All of the photographs are now present. If you have viewed this thread before and it looks the same, just press and hold the "Alt Key" whilst you click the "Refresh" button at the top of your screen.

click on image for larger view

Thank you so much to Graham, Brian and especially Mark of the Toolshop in Derby for their excellent service.

Cheers
Neil

Breaking news, live as it happens......direct from Nottingham

Neil,

Not hijacking your big day, just with dial up in the wilds of overhere, it's taking ages downloading from the links.
Congratulations, waiting for more.

Rgds

Noel

Thanks Noel

Part 2

All safely inside (on the new floor).

How was that floor constructed?

Well the green stuff is the damp proof barrier recommended by Andy King in GWW (Issue 138 Page 42). About 12/13 for one roll from Wickes.

For each 8 * 2 18mm ply board I have three CLS 8' 3 * 2

I added the clamps just to add perspective to the shot. :roll:

Sorry but I didn't realise the little yellow peril was in the shot. :oops:

The aerial shot.

Sorry, I couldn't resist this one as I had to move some things outside. :wink:

And now especially for Alf.

Who said I saved the best till last?

Cheers
Neil

Hmm, seeing those 60A boxes brings back memories!
Hope you've got help lifting the planer onto the base!

Enjoy your new toys :D

Well, Neil, I'd offer to give you a hand, but I have a Jet waiting myself. This really is my last post for a week. I'll invite myself round when I get back!
Good luck with it all.
Steve

Hi Steve

Steve Maskery":1qco15oa said:
Well, Neil, I'd offer to give you a hand, but I have a Jet waiting myself. This really is my last post for a week. I'll invite myself round when I get back! Good luck with it all. Steve

Have a really good holiday.

Cheers
Neil

crumbs !! :shock: JET, DEWALT, MAKITA, TREND, LN, BESSEY

I feel VERY poor, how do you people afford all this gear, prehaps I`m doing something wrong :?

careful of your back with all that cast stuff :cry:

regards

steve

Nice one Neil. J day has arrived!

how long to get 'em all up and runnig then?

Have fun

Cheers

Tony

Ohh, and the best was saved for last :wink:

neil:
how did you perswade the misses to let you have all those tools?

Either lots of overtime, or you must just be rich..........

If I want something new I normally try to make out that I`m buying it to do that job she`s been on about......... not sure i could justify that lot though, you must have let her have alot of fancy hair-dos and nail jobs :D

steve

Holy smoke, Neil. :shock: For a moment there I was worried you hadn't bought any tools worth having at all - until the last pic... Someone's in for a busy old weekend eh? Enjoy. :D BTW, pic size? Not a problem with the Cornish Damp String Telephonic Connection; I merely popped out to re-grout the bathroom, and by the time I'd finished they'd almost all loaded. :roll: :wink: :lol:

Folks, has it dawned on you we may have created a monster? For a novice piccy poster, there's worryingly accomplished slipping in of Bessey clamps and so forth. :shock: Why do I have the feeling we're gonna regret this... :roll:

Cheers, Alf

Superb Neil, gloat fest city.

Adam

Check your PM I've sent you links to cut and paste in, to bring your photos up in dial-up friendly size, with click on image to high resolution for those who are interested.

Hi Kityuser

kityuser":3x0sdm4c said:
neil: how did you perswade the misses to let you have all those tools?

I hardly drink and I don't smoke. But the LOML has our man Joe coming next week to put in a waterfall and pond.

Now what else is needed in the garden? :twisted:

Cheers
Neil

Hi Neil,

Well done mate. doesn't it feel great when you get your new toys, especially cast iron ones.

Now what i want to know is are the green barrier things for damp proofing etc and what issue of GWW are they in?

Noely good luck with your supersaw. I have a really good Scheppach TS 2500 but i am still looking for an excuse to sample life in the JET SET, go figure.

Good luck to you both and have fun.

Regards

Mike.C

Hi SP

Sawdust Producer":2g7dr7um said:
Now what else is needed in the garden?

An extension to your workshop of course :lol:

Hoffet ti glywed cyfrinach?

My workshop is immediately to the right of the board in the photograph and attached to it is a "granny flat" complete with toilet, shower and washbasin.

All I'd need to do is knock a hole through the wall and I would immediately double the size of the workshop. :twisted:

Sawdust Producer":2g7dr7um said:
Dai iawn Neil ardderchog

Diolch yn fawr.
Cheers
Neil

Hi Mike

Thanks for you good wishes.

Mike.C":15jjn8l2 said:
Hi Neil, Well done mate. doesn't it feel great when you get your new toys, especially cast iron ones.

It certainly does.

Now what i want to know is are the green barrier things for damp proofing etc and what issue of GWW are they in?

Issue 138 page 42. It is damp proof and costs only 12-13 a roll. I only needed one for the whole shop. :wink:

Noely good luck with your supersaw.

If you go back to Noel's post you will see it is the van in my first photo. Noel kindly posted it for me earlier in the day when I was having trouble with photo sizes.

All the best
Neil

Latest posts

Back