Jet Copy Lathe Attachement Query

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kev2012

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have a Jet 1442 lathe and I am considering purchasing a Jet Copy Lathe attachment, however I can't find a manual online as I was wondering what the minimum length piece of wood is I can copy on it. I see its max length is 1000mm but for what i'm doing at present, I'd like to use it to copy spindle of 9" long but can't see any pictures or anything of the jet copy lathe attachment turning anything smaller than what appears to be full length spindles.

I wondered if anyone on here has one of these and could advise or perhaps can point me in the direction of the manual?

Many thanks

Kev

If it's similar to the Jet 3520B lathe, the mounting centres attach to the headstock and tailstock so the length between copy centres will relate to the length of the workpiece held between the headstock and tailstock centres.
The attached excerpt from the 3520 manual should help.
Duncan

Attachments

• Jet 3520 Copying Instructions.png
    Jet 3520 Copying Instructions.png
    106 KB · Views: 294
Ah yes,completely different concept.
The website has facility for asking questions and even for requesting a copy of the manual so that would be the best way to be sure.
Duncan

Thanks, have emailed them, didn't see the option to request manual before, thanks.

Kev

Latest posts

Back