Jet bobbin sander sleeves

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mynamehere

not in my shed
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
I've just got myself a s/h Jet jbos bobbin sander, it's all cleaned up and humming away nicely, it will need a couple of new sleeves though, 1 1/2" and 2".
I had a look on the Axminster website and the prices looked a bit steep to me, is there another quality alternative that I can use?
Would a 38 and a 50MM sleeve fit? There are some cheap ones on Amazon from Silverline, or am I just wasting my time with them?

Thanks for any input...

Cheers!

Ferenc

Theyre not cheap wherever you buy them. I wouldnt buy silverline for anything.

Try SEALEY replacements, I think they will be the cheapest while still having some quality to them.

It is possible to make your own, but when you look at the work involved, its best to just buy new.
One point to help..... Do NOT push hard against the sleeve. even if you want to remove a lot of wood. The harder you push, the quicker you wear out the sleeve.
Also, get a crepe pad to remove dust from the sleeve.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Sanding-Cleani ... 970&sr=8-3

Thanks for the tip(s) Bob!
I've seen videos about making your own, but it does look like a lot of faffing about...
I'll order a couple of the Sealey ones + a cleaner bar and see how I get on.

Cheers!

Ferenc

I have the record bench top bobbin sander, very useful for curves or angles, but do as much as you can with ordinary sandpaper or it gets expensive very quickly.

The Triton bobbin sander sleeves are good as well, fit my Sealy OK, but do have a habit of being in sets, of which some I can't use, but small price to pay for decent sleeves.

Thanks for all the replies!

@Lazarus: Do you have a link for the toolstation sleeves? I had a look on their website and I could only see a set of short sleeves for the drill mounted drum sanders.
Toolstation is not too far for me so I could go and have a look at the weekend.

Cheers!

Ferenc

Back