Jet 22-44 Consumables

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

segovia

Established Member
Reaction score
Anyone with a Jet Sander, where do you buy your consumables?

I need some 120grit and a new conveyor belt. Axminster consumables not recommended and conveyer belt has bad reviews

J

I use MIRKA JEPUFLEX PLUS. I buy 50m rolls and cut them to size for my machine. The easy method is buy fabric backed rolls and cut them to size.

HOWEVER I have modified my machine to accept full width 115mm sand paper to cut down on costs and waste. (Link below) I think the standard size is 72mm.
They are paper and require some strengthening at then ends. I use thick self adhesive aluminum tape with the addition of super glue around the edges to more strength. I have not had the paper rip at the ends since doing this method. The tape is about 50mm long and just reinforces where the paper bends around to be clamped.

The jupulfex plus lasts a long time for, I use it for sanding a lot of end grain material.

http://skinnerdesigns.blogspot.com/2017/02/jet-22-44-plus-drum-sander-modification.htmlI didn't update how to re-balance the drum, I re-balanced using blu-tack on the opposite side inside the drum at the end with trial and error until the drum ran smooth again. Took about 10min to get it right by moving the weight around.

Edit:

quick google found this:
https://bndabrasives.co.uk/jet-22-44-plus-drum-sander-belt-conveyor-560mm-x-1206mm-22-x-445

I take a similar approach to SkinnyB for my 16/32. I purchased a 50m roll of 150mm wide Mirka Promax which I slit it down the middle to get my 75mm required width. That gives me enough to last me my lifetime.
The Promax is not ideal for hardwoods but for 15 quid a roll it's a bargain. Being paper, the ends of the loadings are weak so the next time I fit one, I'll follow Skinny's advice and apply some reinforcement.
I replaced the original rubber conveyor with an abrasive belt type. It works well but I can't get it to track properly.
Brian

I bought the conveyor from BND, not had a chance to fit it yet and I was recommended to look on Amzon.com instead of Amazon.co.uk, I managed to order 3 x 120 grit for £39.00 delivered all duties and carriage paid. Can't complain at the price and they are original and will last me a while.

I take a similar approach to SkinnyB for my 16/32. I purchased a 50m roll of 150mm wide Mirka Promax which I slit it down the middle to get my 75mm required width. That gives me enough to last me my lifetime.
The Promax is not ideal for hardwoods but for 15 quid a roll it's a bargain. Being paper, the ends of the loadings are weak so the next time I fit one, I'll follow Skinny's advice and apply some reinforcement.
I replaced the original rubber conveyor with an abrasive belt type. It works well but I can't get it to track properly.
Brian
I think I figured out the tracking issue, tighten one side and run the conveyor, the belt will move towards the slack slide. Keep adjusting the slack side until it settles and then nip up both sides equally. You have to run it for about 5 mins or more to see any movement as you are getting close to your final adjustment.

I think I figured out the tracking issue, tighten one side and run the conveyor, the belt will move towards the slack slide. Keep adjusting the slack side until it settles and then nip up both sides equally. You have to run it for about 5 mins or more to see any movement as you are getting close to your final adjustment.
Yeah, I've tried and tried until I've lost patience with it. I'll have another go next time I need to use it.

I bought the conveyor from BND, not had a chance to fit it yet and I was recommended to look on Amzon.com instead of Amazon.co.uk, I managed to order 3 x 120 grit for £39.00 delivered all duties and carriage paid. Can't complain at the price and they are original and will last me a while.
Hi

I see you bought the BND conveyor belt but some time ago. Have you fitted it yet and is it any good ? Any issues ? I need to buy one and would be grateful of any comment 're the belts performance.
Thanks

Powermatic Precut Abrasive Loading for PM2244 (Pkt 3) - 150 Grit Code: 105904

These ones from Axminster will fit the Jet 22-44

Back