JET 1642 116E thread size

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KimG

Little Woodworm
Reaction score
Bought a new chuck from Axminster after checking online for the thread size for a JET 1642 lathe, I didn't notice that the model designation had changed from 116E to EVS, the EVS model has an 1 1/4 x 8tpi thread, so that is what I ordered, it doesn't fit, the thread outside diameter seems to be 32.5mm so I am guessing that would be the M33x3.5mm thread, however I would like to try and confirm this prior to reordering, but no online searches have turned up the specs for the 116E model, does anyone know for sure what the thread size is?

In the absence of a definitive reply from someone who has the lathe I'd suggest getting hold of a thread gauge and measuring the pitch - if it comes in at 3.5mm, given that your measurement of the OD is within spec for M33 it's pretty certain than it's M33x3.5. JET Actually did a version of the EVS with an M33x3.5 nose (EVSM IIRC) presumably for the European market (the manual I saw was in French) - so maybe the same thing happened with 116E.
Bob.

Is it this one ?
Screenshot_20220708-223011_Chrome.jpg

Hi All, it did turn out to be the M33, apparently yes it was produced for the euro market, thanks for the replies and help.
Yes Sachakins it is that lathe, bizzarely while searching the net for specs I never came across that site, but I see it does list the M33 thread, all the others listed the 1 1/4 x 8! ah well, all good now.

Back