Jet 16-32 — replacing the drum coupler to the motor?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ruskie7

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have got a second hand jet 16-32 drum sander and I need to replace the coupler that connects the drum to the motor. I have bought a replacement piece but how do I actually fit it?

Any help greatly appreciated, if anyone had a guide for it that would be great too.

axminster are incredibly helpful in cases like this. Phone or email and they will give you all the help you need. They even sent multiple pictures to me when i had a problem with their equipment.

Ruskie7":h5r5w1br said:
Hi all,

I have got a second hand jet 16-32 drum sander and I need to replace the coupler that connects the drum to the motor. I have bought a replacement piece but how do I actually fit it?

Any help greatly appreciated, if anyone had a guide for it that would be great too.

I've had a look at my one and I reckon it's an easy enough job if you can take off the entire drum, starting at the lhs as you face the machine. With the drum off, it's also worth using a long 2mm bolt with a nyloc nut on the loading gripper inside the drum instead of the flimsy rivet which Jet install:

IMG_1564.jpg

When I bought mine, the rivet soon snapped off and the Ax repair shop sorted this out for me - Rob

Attachments

• IMG_1564.jpg
    IMG_1564.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 549
Ok, but I know what it looks like as I have one. A picture might help others however - so please also post what you see as the difficulty

I had to do this on my m/c some years ago. I can't remember any particular difficulty, but I do remember having to remove the motor and getting it aligned on reassembly was difficult - could have done with an extra pair of hands.
Brian

Latest posts

Back