Jet 1220vs.......

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikNak

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've been down the shed using my Jet 1220vs, no problems performed well as always..... :)

Except all of a sudden it starts spinning at full throttle and cant slow it down other than to switch it off..... :shock:

Anyone else with one of these lathes had a similar experience..?? :?

Just checked on Ax's website to see if there's anyone there today (it was worth a try...) Will have to ring them in the morning and speak to tech/warranty guys.....

Nick

Just to let you know i rang Axminster this morning and spoke to Ian in technical support....

He's never heard of this before (i even googled it last night to try and find anyone with similar experiences), explained what happened etc. and the nice man is going to arrange collection, if i cant find a suitable packing case to put it in then it'll be collected via their own transport.

He asked how long i'd had it and i said it's about 10 days out of warranty... :cry: "that's not a problem... we'll get it fixed for you" says he..... i hope i'm about to experience their amazing after sales customer care..... =D>

I'll keep you all updated

Nick

Assuming this lathe is variable speed with a rotary knob/potentiometer to adjust the speed, it sounds very much like the potentiometer or the associated wiring is faulty.

Hi Paul....

Yes that the model..... and yes that's what you guy at Axminster also reckoned.... :?

Nick

Hi Nick. This used to be a common problem with the 1220vs but i thought they had fixed it. I have had one since July and not had any problems with it. I find it a cracking lathe and does everything I want to do. Apparently when the problem you have occurs the control box is replaced with a totally different one so I have heard and is far superior than the old one.

Geoff.

Back