jet 1015vs lathe

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jumblemania

Reaction score
Hi, I'm hoping someone can help.

Myself and my daughter have the above mentioned lathe. Unfortunately the lathe has a light that is flashing alternatively red and green.

Whatever we do we cannot get the lathe working again, we have done exactly what the manual recommended, yet nothing doing.

It would be great if someone could point us in the right direction to get this problem solved.

Many thanks for reading this far, and fingers crossed that you can help.

Thank you for this. We bought the lathe new, unfortunately over a year ago, but life took over and we've only just started to actually use it. We have the manual, but it hasn't helped, and surely the motor or circuit board can't be broken this quickly?

I would contact jet or the seller. A year of light use isn't much at all, and you would have a claim under the CPA if it came to that.

Jet will probably be able to tell you a few things to check and will have a technical dept.

I agree with Marcros.
FYI the info you need to quote.
Consumer Rights Act 2015. Part 1, Chapter 2
Goods must be
- Of satisfactory quality
- As Described
- Fit for Purpose
- Last a reasonable Length of Time
- Buyer should not suffer significant inconvenience eg by being without the goods
The above are the retailer's responsibility (not the manufacturer).

You will be using 'Last a reasonable length of time' which is open to interpretation but is generally considered to be 18 months or longer for more expensive items.

I returned a faulty Dyson vacuum cleaner for a full refund after 14 months. They tried to palm me off by saying that it had to be returned to the manufacturer until I quoted the above.

Back