Jessem Router Table Insert Plate

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike B

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

Anyone know how thick the aluminium Jessem Master Router plate is? (the one with the "swiss cheese" hole pattern)

I'm planning a mk 1 router table and need a plate to mount the router, but as I imagine if I like the table idea I will be getting a bigger router in the future, no doubt with different mounting holes, this would seem to be a good idea; although from previous posts I notice the loss of cutter depth in tables is a constant problem.

Alternatively, would I be better to get a cheap plastic version (I think the Dakota which looks like a Trend copy is only about £19 at the moment) or even just use some ply/MDF routed out to about 12mm to fit the router base (really rough and ready) and see how that goes with a view to binning it in the future when I've ironed out the 'bugs'...

Cheers
Mike

I have one of these at home that is also due to go into a router table real soon now. If you can wait until this evening I will measure the thickness for you.

Graeme

On my Mast-R-Plate the plate itself is 6.2mm thick, the levelling feet take the total depth of the rebate needed for the plate up to a minimum of 9.5mm. The swiss cheese mounting plate is another 6.25mm thick so you will lose about 12.5mm of plunge depth. As this is american I would guess that both the main plate and the mounting plate are nominally 1/4 inch and the rebate is intended to be 3/8 inch.

Graeme

Back