Japanese stool. Finished with final work in progress shots

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
where did you have that made adam? and how big is it?

Nice WIP pics, Adam. Thanks. And yes, I frequently have to take all sorts of devices to Rustins containers. I may have whinged about it before. :evil: Love the bee on the maker's mark; very appropriate. Although if you'd used a beeswax finish that would have been even better... :wink: :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Alf":c35iajsp said:
Nice WIP pics, Adam. Thanks. And yes, I frequently have to take all sorts of devices to Rustins containers. I may have whinged about it before. :evil: Love the bee on the maker's mark; very appropriate.
Cheers, Alf

The plates came from here http://makers-marks.co.uk/

Really nice chap to deal with. He won't take any payment until you've actually recieved them! Wonderful trust. I payed by return of post. They advertise in the back of F&CM. Several people here have used them.

Alf":c35iajsp said:
Although if you'd used a beeswax finish that would have been even better... :wink: :lol:

One better, I even made my own polish this time, from beeswax I harvested throughout the year. Want to try out a tub? I'll do you a trade. :p

Adam

Adam":3aaxsrce said:
One better, I even made my own polish this time, from beeswax I harvested throughout the year. Want to try out a tub? I'll do you a trade. :p
Oh really? If there's something you have in mind, feel free to step into my inbox at any time. :D

Cheers, Alf

Adam
The stool looks fantastic. Inspiration to me to get to a project rather than 'improving' my workshop - it was an outside light this weekend!
Cheers
Stewart

Adam

Thanks for posting the WIP pics. Good design on your mark as well. I'll second your comments about Vidi. Really good service and nice to deal with someone so trusting. BTW, you know that he makes plates without pin holes for inlaying?

Looking for something to trade you for some beeswax - but we've had a rubbish apple harvest and I gave the last of our chutney away this weekend. I could trade you some cold hard cash if that works?

Cheers

Tim

I'll vouch for Vidi also...been getting my marks from there for about two years now and he's a really nice guy to deal with, which makes a change in this day and age!

SimonA

Thanks for the thread Adam. I picked up some useful tips along the way, one is to hold the timber being sanded with some grippers, that certainly saves the epidermis.

Great stool and very informative topic.

Think i might try something similar myself now, got an offcut of iroko (i think) which would be ideal for that, now if only i could work out how to cet the mortices on an angle by hand :lol:

Matt.

Matt1245":1ks900h2 said:
...now if only i could work out how to cet the mortices on an angle by hand :lol:
Clamp a suitably angled block to guide the chisel. Pretty amazing just how accurate you can get doing that.

Cheers, Alf

Back