january - the results

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nev

Established Member
Reaction score
Paul has spoken :mrgreen: and the results are......

Hi Nev,

Here are the results

1 henton49er - A pleasing shape with subtle texture and lines to give a very natural appearance
file.php

2 Melinda_dd - interesting texturing and nicely finished
DSCF6010_zpsed9359c2.jpg

3 gregmcateer - well proportioned and well turned
side.jpg

4 heatherw - a good shape for the acorn, worth persevering!
file.php

5 dennisk - the carved parts give a natural look and the two parts contrast and compliment each other.
file.php

A difficult one to judge because the quality of all entries appeared to be very good. I almost suggested that all the rest were awarded joint 5th place!

Regards

Paul

so well done to everyone especially those that were entering for the first time =D>
and well done Mike =D>

FULL ROUNDUP

Well, I am stunned!! I looked at the entries and thought that I would be very lucky to score anything more than a single point, so to get first place is unbelievable!! :D :D :D :D

I thought the standard was very high; so congratulations to all those in the podium positions and to all those who entered for the first time. There are some seriously good efforts this month.

Thanks to Paul for the judging and Nev for the organising (and Chas for helping out while Nev has internet problems too).

Happy days, and on to the chess pieces. :lol: :lol:

is there any way of linking the pictures to the results? I am sure that it has been done before so that you can see everybodys work without scrolling up and down the original thread?

Thanks for putting the pictures in with the winners list, thanks for keeping this show on the road and congrats to the winners. Up to -15c this morning, -35c with the windchill yesterday!

Well done to all some very good pieces in the also-rans , . Well done Nev. you must be close to a record turnout for the Challenge .
Hard one to judge Paul but as ever you got it right . Congrats to winners and to the judge ,CHJ , and Nev , for what was a brilliant Challenge.

Great challenge - really motivated me to get stuck in and took me out of my comfort zone. I learnt so much, and will have fun trying to copy some of the things other people did as well. Thanks for organising it (and also thanks to everyone who had a go - somehow knowing that there is a community of people working on a common challenge adds an extra dimension).

Martin

:D :D :D oh yeah, oh yeah... I came second, I came second!! ... she sings as dancing round the room in her PJ's!!

Finally I have hit the podium!!

I'd like to thank my partner for being so supportive, My timber Shop for letting me spend all my wages there, the butcher, the baker .....
Sorry got carried away!!

Thanks to all involved for making my year! seriously! I am over the moon!
Some great entrys, and well done to the newbies for joining in!!

=D> :D =D>

ps: will the scoreboard be in use this year?

well done all round, including the results presentation!

some superb interpretations, and output.

I have no reasons, only excuses, for missing the deadline this month and must do better next!

Well done, Mike - a well deserved win.
And we'll done to all the entries. A great variety of interpretations.

And I am pretty stunned, too. My first podium with the smallest thing I have ever made.

A massive thanks to Nev for organising and to Paul for judging.

Greg

Congrats to everyone that was placed, brilliant range of entries this month, the bar has been raised.

Great to see some new blood this year, well done to everyone that entered and thanks to Nev and Paul for organising and judging.

Steve

Latest posts

Back