Jaguar Slot driver Help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AdrianUK

Established Member
Reaction score
I’ve had this jaguar slot driver for years, just in case !
So, today a friend picked it up and said these jag toolkit items go silly money.
Any jaguar owners on the forum?
Can anyone confirm, is it valuable, is it a jag toolkit item, if so, any idea on age, model etc, info that would be useful to advertise?
Don’t do much ebay, however, I don’t want to drop on ebay and let it go for a few pounds if it’s worth considerably more.
Appreciate any information.
D8C32E6A-B7CC-4BAB-9DC7-90DF8C2FF6B7.jpeg
042E6BA7-DC67-4291-98F9-B3BDCF161270.jpeg
72801B03-59F0-4FCB-9EAC-FF59BC61780F.jpeg

Couldn’t say with regard to value, my dad had a Morse Jag and that had a toolkit, you must remember I was only 15 when we sold it so that’s half a century ago! I seem to remember it fitted inside the spare wheel, and that it was a black tin box rounded at the ends to fit inside the wheel and the inside was fitted to the tools and flocked, The box lid was hinged and it had a small catch to keep it shut, not sure but I think it had Jaguar impressed into the lid of the box. Your screwdriver might be more valuable if it had the rest of the Jaguar wrapped around it! Ian

Couldn’t say with regard to value, my dad had a Morse Jag and that had a toolkit, you must remember I was only 15 when we sold it so that’s half a century ago! I seem to remember it fitted inside the spare wheel, and that it was a black tin box rounded at the ends to fit inside the wheel and the inside was fitted to the tools and flocked, The box lid was hinged and it had a small catch to keep it shut, not sure but I think it had Jaguar impressed into the lid of the box. Your screwdriver might be more valuable if it had the rest of the Jaguar wrapped around it! Ian
Thanks Ian, that’s interesting, the morse jag I assume was 50-60s era, the driver looks about 60s so your info is useful, many thanks.
And yes, I wish I had the rest too !

The "Morse Jag" was a mark.II 3.4 or 3.8 ltr but with a non original black vinyl roof. Made 1969 to 1967, although Morse's had a pre-1964 registration, didn't it? A car from my youth, although I much preferred the XJ6 which more or less replaced it

Back