Jacob and.....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
studders":hop3ol28 said:
His 'rounded bevel sharpened' Chainsaw, goes for the World record. :)
:lol:
Yebbut I'm not going to explain the difference again, between rounding under or over, as those who haven't got it by now probably never will. :roll:

ZZZzzZZzzzzzz

Opps ! what day is it :?

I fell asleep watching

is he trying to burn his way through it for the world record or is it exhaust smoke :lol:

I thought the idea of a chainsaw was to make it quicker and easier than hand tools :?: :?:
Anyone know what happens in the last 80% of this video? I couldn't be bothered to watch more than a minute.

This man is bound to experience a kick back soon but no worries - that chain must be too blunt even to break the skin, so there will be no danger.

Normally, it would be quicker than that with a handsaw - but any saw of his probably doesn't cut very well. :lol:

You can't beat it, the heady aroma of wood smoke on the morning breeze!

Roy.

The last 80% is the same as the first 20% but with a bit more smoke, although I'm sure there's a lick of flame at 4.05.

Bless him, all he needed to do was nip the tops off the chip limiters with a file each time he sharpened and he probably would have been through that in 20 seconds. Still, at least he's weraring his PPE - a nice yellow jacket so the ambulance crew can find him easily in all that smoke.

matthewwh":3anjs24t said:
The last 80% is the same as the first 20% but with a bit more smoke, although I'm sure there's a lick of flame at 4.05.

Nice to know I didn't miss anything then!
I did wonder if said kickback might have occurred later. If absolutely nothing more interesting happened than what I saw, why bother putting the video on line anyway? Nowt stranger than folk!

Sawyer":1icrea7f said:
If absolutely nothing more interesting happened than what I saw, why bother putting the video on line anyway? Nowt stranger than folk!
I don't think 'he' did, it seems to have been filmed from a car, perhaps by passers by who couldn't quite believe what they were seeing.
The length of the video is part of the 'joke' had it been just 30 - 60 seconds it wouldn't have been funny.

Latest posts

Back