Members can turn off viewing Ads!

Jacob and.....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

Jacob

Pint of bass, porkpie, and packet of crisps please
Reaction score
studders":hop3ol28 said:
His 'rounded bevel sharpened' Chainsaw, goes for the World record. :)
:lol:
Yebbut I'm not going to explain the difference again, between rounding under or over, as those who haven't got it by now probably never will. :roll:

Blister

Established Member
Reaction score
ZZZzzZZzzzzzz

Opps ! what day is it :?

I fell asleep watching

is he trying to burn his way through it for the world record or is it exhaust smoke :lol:

studders

Established Member
Reaction score
It's a new technique. You cut your wood for the fire, and set fire to it at the same time. Sheer brilliance.

Sawyer

Established Member
Reaction score
I thought the idea of a chainsaw was to make it quicker and easier than hand tools :?: :?:
Anyone know what happens in the last 80% of this video? I couldn't be bothered to watch more than a minute.

This man is bound to experience a kick back soon but no worries - that chain must be too blunt even to break the skin, so there will be no danger.

Normally, it would be quicker than that with a handsaw - but any saw of his probably doesn't cut very well. :lol:

Digit

Established Member
Reaction score
You can't beat it, the heady aroma of wood smoke on the morning breeze!

Roy.

Lons

Established Member
Reaction score
What a bloody silly person!!!

Hope that chainsaw doesn't end up on ebay.

matthewwh

Established Member
Reaction score
The last 80% is the same as the first 20% but with a bit more smoke, although I'm sure there's a lick of flame at 4.05.

Bless him, all he needed to do was nip the tops off the chip limiters with a file each time he sharpened and he probably would have been through that in 20 seconds. Still, at least he's weraring his PPE - a nice yellow jacket so the ambulance crew can find him easily in all that smoke.

Sawyer

Established Member
Reaction score
matthewwh":3anjs24t said:
The last 80% is the same as the first 20% but with a bit more smoke, although I'm sure there's a lick of flame at 4.05.
Nice to know I didn't miss anything then!
I did wonder if said kickback might have occurred later. If absolutely nothing more interesting happened than what I saw, why bother putting the video on line anyway? Nowt stranger than folk!

studders

Established Member
Reaction score
Sawyer":1icrea7f said:
If absolutely nothing more interesting happened than what I saw, why bother putting the video on line anyway? Nowt stranger than folk!
I don't think 'he' did, it seems to have been filmed from a car, perhaps by passers by who couldn't quite believe what they were seeing.
The length of the video is part of the 'joke' had it been just 30 - 60 seconds it wouldn't have been funny.

jimi43

Established Member
Reaction score
Bless! :mrgreen:

Wouldn't he have cut it better if he'd held it Stihl!

(Coat?....orange one? Cones?...)

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Jim