Jaco

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hiya Bob
Sorry, been away travelling. This week was Durban and Cape Town. sitting at airport now on way home.
I need to trim some stock to try it out. Just completed lot of doorstops & animals & alphabet.
(For someone who has only 10 official working days left, I am extremely busy at work.)
Will post some when I do the puzzle.
(we are now into summer 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) , so need to spend some time "outdoors" as well)
Cheers
Phil

:D

Jaco":1f3p27t9 said:
(we are now into summer 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) 8) , so need to spend some time "outdoors" as well)
Cheers
Phil

:D

:( I think ours has just ended.....if you can say that it properly started, that is :?

Enjoy your outdoors, anyway.

Cheers

Howard

Our summer is ending too, cool today for a change. Kinda glad this summer is ending, then I will say I wish summer was back.

Bob

Alf , i have quite a busy job and not lots of time for Forums during the week. The Company does not like private surfing.
Weekends, there are a few more personal hours, but then i also need some time in the workshop .......
and garden .....
and shops .......
When i retire end of month, won't be much more spare time at this stage.
Cheers
Phil

Bob, glued up some pieces today and will give it a bash next weekend.
"Ckicken Man" decided that at this stage PINE would be appropriate as there are lots of scraps, and a cock-up not that expensive.
Cheers
Phil

Will definitely do so. Will top up the oil, new blade, good vacuum. Warn the family to keep clear etc. ....... :D :D :D :D

Bob, know why its called “Grandpa Puzzle”. That old chap must have had a lot of patience!
I cut it out yesterday afternoon. (some choice language helped the process along)

My biggest concern was how I would be able to reassemble it once taken apart.
NOT A PROBLEM!
It is so poorly sawn I cant get it apart!
Will definitely need to spend more time sawing out simpler items.

Phil, sorry you had trouble cutting the puzzle out.
First thing, the table and the blade have to be square, next the blade had to be tight and last you have to cut it real slow, let the blade do the work.
Don't feel bad my first one wouldn't come apart either.
I don't know how thick of wood you used but mine was 1 3/8" X 1 3/8".
Don't give up you can do it.

Good Luck Bob

Thanks Bob. I dont give up that easily. May take a while to do it again.
The stock was about 2".
What number blade did you use? I used a #12 because of the thickness of the stock.

Will pass this one onto one of the kids. Ask them to take it apart! :D :D
Cheers

Like I said the thickness of mine was 1 3/8". The one I couldn't get apart was about 2".
I used a #7. I also wrap it in clear wrapping tape.

Bob

Bob, stupid question, BUT what is this "clear wrapping tape"?
Do you wrap the block or the blade?

My machine is cutting better after setting table and blade.
Also did some major repair work on the "head stock".
Had to make new hold pieces, drill and tap new screw holes. Seems to hold blade lot better. I still struggle to cut Oak (20mm), get a lot of burning. Kiaat works very well.
Phil

Lin, looked at that pattern you posted. At this stage i think i will stick to the "simple life"!
However, will get there .......

Phil, that is the tape that is used to hold boxes together for shipping and you wrap the piece of wood you are cutting, it helps lubricate the blade.

Bob

Some of us find the adhesive qualities of the tape that Bob uses a little too powerful. An alternative would be (low tack) masking tape.

Gill

Latest posts

Back