Jack's Garden Workshop Build

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Jack,

My local bradfords seem to be the only real builders merchant still operating although I had to collect and they were only dealing with existing trade customers, it may be worth phoning to see if they can help. There seems to be one close to southampton.

I must say I personally wouldn't trust shingles on a low pitch ( yours may be steep, i cant see any images so i cant say.) I don't lay them, never have but i do a lot of tiled roofs and i urge you to do plenty of research if you choose shingles. There is math involved in roofs and every material has its own rules.

It was of no use to me as i'm too far for delivery but in terms of roof covering, have you considered steel sheets with PIR insulation (Celotex) bonded to the underside? it seems an expensive option but there are yards stocking sheets that have been (I presume) mis measured at a reduced cost. You may find a yard close to you.

I'm building myself a workshop during isolation, have pretty much finished but received an email yesterday to tell me my sheets for the roof wont be delivered as they've closed the branch making them #-o

There seems to be a lot of praise for warm roofs, I do wonder what mikes opinion would be as there is obviously no ventilation between the sheet and insulation?

I myself am a bit of a lurker here but sometimes feel the urge to pop up and offer my 2 cents

Good luck with build! its a hard time to get anything like this done but hopefully we can come out of this with a positive note

Back