Jack plane blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh look, a Person of Note. :D Welcome to the forum, Chris.

CMSchwarz":30lohmja said:
This is an easy one: Adam drinks Tetleys. I prefer Flying Dog Porter.
Good grief, that's cunning; you have to offer them a drink to tell them apart... :-k The Flying Dog outfit looks, er, interesting, but possibly confused. I see they're offering beer in a champagne bottle packed in a whiskey-style container. Covers a lot of the bases I suppose. :lol:

Cheers, Alf

Sagitta! Excellent! I have always wanted a word for that ... thing. Now I'm going to have to go figure the sagitta on my fore plane.

And so it's: sag= 8 - the square root of 63.

So sag= .068"

And 1/16" is .0625"

Math works!

Chris

oooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh, my head hurts.

Only just manages to get mine square, now i have to put a curvy bit on them.

oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhh.

Matt.

CMSchwarz":wq02lqwf said:
Sagitta! Excellent! I have always wanted a word for that ... thing. Now I'm going to have to go figure the sagitta on my fore plane.

And so it's: sag= 8 - the square root of 63.

So sag= .068"

And 1/16" is .0625"

Math works!

Chris

Hey stranger....

....wanderin' a bit far from home I see...

Don't forget to change your spelling here....such as rebates, cramps, and the "u"s...as in colour.....

Ta -

Rob

I just hope he doesn't revert to Moxon's English :lol: .
Good to see you here Chris.

Haven't been around for a while and hadn't realised my original post had engendered such debate :D I've been using my L-N scrub and my 5 1/2 jack with cambered blade and things seem to be going quite nicely. The scrub does give a very aggresive cut - thick chip and fast and quite easy to thin and flatten stock, obviously leaving obvious furrows. The jack with the cambered blade works well to get to the next stage of flattening up after using the scrub. I've used the jack with a square edged blade as well and it 's much harder work to use - probably because of the width of the blade. Getting quite a bit of practice as I've messed up one piece on my current project twice :oops: Third time lucky hopefully :D

Back